1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help constant freezing

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by whites32, Apr 4, 2007.

1. whites32

whites32 Member

hi after running endless scans on my pc im here for help

my mouse constantly freezes for about 2 seconds and at the same time i hear the sound of inputing and outputing a device such as usb stick

please can someone help i have run scans with nod32 tune up utilities 2007 registry mechanic trojan remover xilisoft and spybot but no joy

any feedback appreciated

2. willpow3r

willpow3r Member

Well... it is possible that your computer is getting old and its time of an upgrade. However, before deciding if your want to upgrade your computer, I recommend downloading Ad-Ware SE Personal, it is a free program that will check for malware. Update all of your virus definitions and perform another scan. If this is still a problem, your registry may be corrupted and you have to reinstall windows. GL!
    -Willpow3r

3. whites32

whites32 Member

thanks for the help but its a new pc amd 3800+ foxconn motherboard and a new installation of xp too and i have tryed adware se forgot to put it on the list lol ...but thanks for the help

4. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

I'm willing to bet, bad drivers.

System drivers that is!! You'll need to go to chipset vendor's site and grab the latest version for the chipset. I never recommend going to the manufacturer of the motherboard, they usually don't keep up on the latest versions.

Also...make sure you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard. If there were any hardware issues with prior releases, they may have fixed it. That, you get from the motherboard's main website.

Even though it's new....it could be a hardware problem. But we might as well get any software issues out of the way first.

5. whites32

whites32 Member

i was just saying i bet its drivers im having a look now so i will get back with the outcome thanks a lot ...........