1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help copying ps2 games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by fire2137, Sep 29, 2007.

1. fire2137

fire2137 Guest

well i have DVD decrpter and i know that you can copy dvds with it i also know that u can copy games with it. i know how to do it it just wont work and i really dont want to buy a mod. oh yeah when i put the newly burned game in my ps2 it says that it not a ps2 disk. Please help i would really like to make some backups of my games.

Note: i am burning the game on a DVD+R

2. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

In order to play backups you will need to mod your PS2 in some manner.
    Read here:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/290701

3. jsafi

jsafi Regular member

Just try using a DVD-r and burn it at a slow speed and the cd should be of high quality say sony ,vertabrim...like these..check out the threads here..u will find a lot of help

4. fire2137

fire2137 Guest

well will maxell be a good brand to use.

5. jsafi

jsafi Regular member

6. Gamesoul

Gamesoul Member

@fire2137: Do you at least have it figured out *how* you're going to play backed up games? Either way... there are two relatively easy ways to find good discs. The first (and not so certain method) would be to go to a store, and look for any DVD-R discs (not DL or RW obviously) that say "Made in Japan" on the case. While this is certainly the less certain of the two methods, it's about the best you can go on without knowing much.

The better method would be to read the first post of this thread, go to one of the websites recommended, and get yourself some Taiyo Yuden discs. They'll end up costing you a lot less than buying discs in a store, and you know you're getting the best quality discs.

7. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

That was the main reason of my post above, you will need to figure how you want to play backups in the first place, then decide on the media.
    All was posted in the link I gave you above.

8. fire2137

fire2137 Guest

9. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

I don't know much about that site, sorry, I guess it depends where you live also. If your in the USA you will have to be careful.
    Check them out on resellerratings.com to see peoples reviews.

Another way for you to play backup games.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/485334#2932868
    Is it an older PS2 you have.

10. fire2137

fire2137 Guest

is there anyway to play back ups with out buying something like a software or something.

11. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

There is only 1 other method other than buying software or a modchip, and that is if you have a friend with a modded ps2, either with chip or via swap magic, ar max etc and you have an original PS1 Disc.
    They could install the memory card(mc) exploit on your memory card, and then you could take your memory card to your ps2 and boot with the PS1 disc, thus being able to use uLaunch.elf,cogswaploader.elf, cdloader.elf etc.
    Read method 1 here if you have these things.
    http://www.console-exploits.com/forums/faq.php?faq=noobfaq

12. fire2137

fire2137 Guest

well i give up on trying to find a way to play backups on the ps2 for free. but does anybody know a good trust worthy place to buy a swap magic 3.

13. peedjar

peedjar Member

can anyone tell me how backup downloaded games i am just a beginner. i got a .iso file, .msd file and sfv file.

14. mperagine

mperagine Regular member

15. jsafi

jsafi Regular member

just burn the mds file to a dvd but make sure its a dvd-r and itz of 1st class media which comprises of sony,verbatim,maxell..use alcohol 2 burn the file ..