1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Creating DVD's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by GW9MAH, Oct 22, 2002.

1. GW9MAH

GW9MAH Member

Hi there, a couple of questions. I have tried to convert my home movies .avi's onto DVD format using Uleads DVD workshop. Basically I am experimenting with CD-R discs and have found that they work fine when played on my PC but fail when I try putting them in my DVD player a Wharfdale 750. All that happens is that the counter on the player stays on zero and only the eject button works. I have tried creating SVCD's using Tmpenc and writing using VCDEasy. This seems to work OK - so my question is. Do I assume that the problem lies with Ulead or my DVD player or the CD-r's or the fact that you can't use CD-R's with DVD format on to play on non PC dvd players. Totally new to this concept so apologies.

2. robbyrob

robbyrob Guest

it can be a number of things. I have 2 dvd players. A cheap Apex and another pionerr. The aoex will play anything i throw at it. The other one only likes playing originals and vcds. Wont play svcd.. Now if i put the SVCD on a cd-rw it will play.. I think alot of two do with the compatibilities of the player.