1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP dark alex firmwire 3.4, confused

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by gilese, May 10, 2007.

1. gilese

gilese Member

hey all.
    im new to the whole forum thing, but I have a major problem and im not sure what to do.. Basically, I had a psp with firmwire 1.5 on it and so I installed dark alex 3.40 OE version (or something like that) and since installing it, i have only been able to play PSONE games.. I have tried putting an ISO file in the ISO folder on the MEM stick and it comes up with 'the game could not be started (80020321)' message. I then googled and found a 2.71 update so I installed the recovery stuff and enabled NO UMD after hours of working it out in the recovery menu. and now everytime I load something up the screen freezes (goes black, the only way I can get out of it is by restarting and holding the 'R' button and exiting the recovery screen)

Im getting very confused about the whole Firmwire versions, i dont know what im doing!
    Should I start off from scratch?

Can you play iso/cso files using dark alex's firmwire? Cause it doesnt work... Any help would be much appreciated.

=]]

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

3. gilese

gilese Member

Yes, I did try it, as stated in the post previously and I thought my situation was different from most people's as when I start my game the screen freezes and goes black, where as others just load up the error message. It said go into the recovery menu and enable 'NO UMD' which is what I did and it still doesn't load.. Does that mean not all iso files work without a UMD? Im trying to play metal gear on it, will it work if I put the UMD in the drive? Thanks for the help!

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Chanman meant read, not skim through.

it's disable NO-UMD, not enable.

disable NO-UMD, then put any game umd in the drive.

5. Sudds

Sudds Active member

And set your GAME folder to 1.50 kernal...

6. gilese

gilese Member

Haha. Nice attitude.
    Well, I got it working myself anyway.
    Thanks for the help, I guess. Nerds can be useful for some things I suppose ;]