1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP data error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by rev_baub, Oct 26, 2004.

1. rev_baub

rev_baub Member

Hello.
    I seem to be having complications with burning DVD+Rs.
    I have been ripping the movies and burn them. So far, DVD shrink 3.2 has been ripping perfectly, and the images look good, but when I burn with Nero Ulra 6.0, the last couple of chapters on every dvd seem to skip/freeze/lockup. I have tried three types of DVD media, GQ, Verbatum, and currently memorex. They all do it. I have also tried a different burner, a BTC, and the one now, a LiteOn 8x8x16x DVD+/-R/RW which is a combo and also burns CDs. I have tried burning with DVD decryptor instead, and it does not seem to help. I have also updated the firmware on the burner to no avail. About one in 5 burn properly, but the bad burns always give a data error: cyclical redundancy check error if I try to open them in DVD Shrink.
    Please help if anyone else knows

Thanks

2. cynthia_

cynthia_ Regular member

Have you updated your Nero to latest version. It's free.

3. rev_baub

rev_baub Member

i am doing that now, but I was able to just last night burn 4 dvds in a row that worked, by unchecking the finalize disc box on nero. If it does not finalize, they appear to work. Why would this be?

4. 01041003

01041003 Member

Are your discs badly scratched or dirty?? Try a good cleaning...

5. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Don't kow why unchecking finalize would fix this. Are you sure it fixed the ones that wouldn't work previously?

CRC means a physically damaged disc...99% of the time. The only other thing I have heard of which causes a CRC error is a damaged hard drive (bad sectors). So you might want to scan your drive to check.

Adder.

6. rev_baub

rev_baub Member

dvds are brand new, clean and scratch free. The hard drive came back no problems.