1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help diagnosing a problem (phillips dvd drive)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Vickville, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Vickville

Vickville Member

if this topic has been addressed already, please direct me to the thread that can help me

I have 2 problems; I don't know if they are related.

1. On my xbox, I get a message that says it cant read the disk or something like that. When I put any game or dvd in, most of the time the green light flashes for a while (no red) and then the error message comes up. I don't know what the error code is or anything like that. For the most part this has been only an inconvenience rather than a real problem. If I leave the xbox on for a while and every 5 minutes or so, take the disk out and put it back in, eventually the game will work. I usually have to do this 1-3 times. I don't like it but I can deal with it.

2. I have played/simulated about 10 seasons in legacy mode of College Hoops 2K5. The game freezes or something every time at the exact same place. The background music does not stop, rather it plays like a broken record. It plays the same 5-10 second segment of a song and then repeats endlessly.

I have no clue what to do. I don't even know how to diagnose the problem. I have never opened an xbox or a dvd player so I wouldn't know my way around if I tried to fix it. A few years ago I replaced a cd-rom drive in my pc but other than that I don't know crap about this kind of stuff. All I know is that the dvd drive is made by phillips. While I would like to resolve both of these problems, that will only be necessary if they are directly related. Otherwise the first problem can go unfixed. My main concern is being able to continue the game I have spent so much time on. Is there anyone out there who can help me with this?

Vickville

2. Matador

Matador Regular member

First try a optical drive cleaner....Then use compressed air to blow any dust in drive...Their also tuts on cleaning your laser lens @ xbox scene...