1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, DIVX is doubling my movie length

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jesterhud, Apr 14, 2005.

1. jesterhud

jesterhud Member

Hi
    I am converting a 1hr 51min MPEG Home Movie onto DVD,
    I have converted files using DIVX to DVD into the VOB files etc,
    Then used Shrink to get it to fit onto one DVD as it was coming up at over 4.7 GB.
    Then burnt using TEMPGenc, it plays fine, but when it finishes the movie starts again part way thru and plays again to the end, so it is on the Disc one and a half times !
    I traced the problem by doing it again to the DIVX part, the MPEG plays for 1hr 51min, but after conversion if i open the files up straight away in TEMP it shows as 3hr 27min long, although when i go thru TEMP and put scene breaks in, the movie is only there once as it should be.

Whats going on , any ideas ??

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

the vobs that come out from divxtodvd have you checked each one by playing them in powerdvd to see if it really is a whole film plus half stuck on the end?

as i think it may be tmpgenc as there is a settings tab dropdown menu for things like go back to main menu etc, to be burnt into film as you use wizard, but i think its gone wierd as it goes to middle part then plays on...

so i think you have 1 film really but tmpgenc has knackered it up.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  3. jesterhud

jesterhud Member

OK thanks for the answer
    There are 8 VOB files , having gone thru them i can see that VOB 1-3 are fine , on 4 the movie starts repeating right at the very end.
    So VOB 5,6,7,8 are now redundant as they are the duplicated scenes,
    how can i now get rid of them and burn thru TEMP, i tried deleting those VOBS but when i try and open the DVD Files in TEMP it now doesnt recognise any at all from the folder where they are stored ??

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

once you get the only vobs you need! use ifoedit to make bup/ifo and burn to dvdr!

now make sure the end of the film is not half way along a vob you deleted!