1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Downgrading my PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Dacian, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Dacian

Dacian Member

I have a PSP with 2.81 FW with a TA-O82 motherboard. I know that 2.81 can't be downgraded but is it possible to upgrade to 3.03 and then downgrade that to 1.5 so that I can play Homebrew? Thanks for the help and I have looked with search but didn't find anything, that's why I started a new thread.

2. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

The fact that you specifically asked if you can upgrade to 3.03 then downgrade would indicate that you have already read that you can do this.

So as the many many threads round here say, yes you can but you will nedd an original GTA:LCS UMD to do it.

3. Dacian

Dacian Member

Yep, I've read about PSP's being downgraded from 3.03, but my question really is "Can the TA-O82 PSPs be downgraded period?". Because I've read you can't download them at all. Even when looking at the mother thread thing it says it can be, but also shows that it can't be in the picture. Kind of confusing to me, but anyway, how do I get it down to 1.5 then with GTA:LCS? I saw a thread about doing it on here but does it work with my motherboard?

4. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

yep, the 3.03 downgrader will work with any mobo.

5. Dacian

Dacian Member

Alright, I have it upgraded to 3.03 now. So before I go out and rent LCS, I've read about 3.03 OE, so before I downgrade, can I upgrade from 3.03 to 3.03 OE? Or even better, 3.10 OE, or any higher Custom Firmwares.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  6. Dailen

Dailen Member

You need firmware 1.5 (what you should get when you downgrade) to be able to flash (install) 3.03 OE-C. At firmware 1.5 you may also upgrade to 3.10 OE-A. As of right now, I prefer 3.03 OE-C and I am hoping Dark Alex http://www.dark-alex.org/ comes up with a 3.30 OE.

P.S. If you upgraded to Sony's 3.30 instead of Sony's 3.03 you screwed yourself over for being able to get into any homebrew activity (aka being able to upgrade to any custom firmwares like 3.03 OE-C or to run any other homebrew). You will need to wait for a 3.30 downgrade which will not be out for a while if one even comes out.

If everything's good, just make sure your GTA:LCS disc has the v2.0 update on it. Then everything should work.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  7. Dacian

Dacian Member

Alrighty, thanks for the info!