1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!! DROPPED MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by core2kid, Sep 4, 2007.

1. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Hehe yep I've been playing Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 off it all day!

2. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

I had my boot.ini once booting off something like partition 10, IDK what edited it but I defiantly don't have 10 partitions on a drive (don't think thats even supported). Luckily I had Vista on a secondary HD so I could load that and fix the boot.ini.

3. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

I know this is the wrong forum, but does anybody know how to run PSP Tube on a PSP? And if there's a way to convert a C++ or Visual Basic program to a PSP eboot that it can read and run? I have 3.52 M33-4

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

check in the psp general discussion forum

5. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Thanks, I will.

6. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Sorry it took so long but I finally got to try the IBM 20GB drive in a laptop. As of now, It has successfully completed a full format to NTFS and is currently installing Windows XP on a Celeron 500 MHz with 64MB RAM. I am not hearing any clicking and I also didn't hear any abnormal noises. What could be wrong with this drive and my enclosure? Is there a utility that I could use to check this drive? (This laptop has a floppy I can boot off.)

7. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

The computer installed Windows XP successfully (took about an hour but could be because of the PC hardware) and it also passed a Windows XP disc check within XP. Anything else I could do to confirm that this drive is bad?

8. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

A Hitachi Drive Fitness Test (bootable floppy) passes the hard drive. I tried it again in the enclosure and it worked fine and recognized the drive. Does anybody know what was wrong? The history of the drive is:
    Working, Dropped, Clicking, Occasional Spinning with no recognization, Reformat in a laptop with XP Install, works perfectly now.
    That is something I have never see before.

9. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Well, perhaps the problem cured itself, but no sign to say it's not going to recur in the future, I'd say replace it all the same.