1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Dvd Burner Wont Read PS2 Games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by confuzzed, Nov 1, 2004.

1. confuzzed

confuzzed Member

Please help! i have a pioneer dvr 106d dvd,and it wont read my ps2 games so that means i cant rip them to make back ups
    ive tried uninstalling re installing the drive and all that jazz but no luck
    also when i put a ps2 dvd in it just keeps running it and the ligt stays one and when i try to open dvd decrypter it will freeze on me the same with other proggys
    any help will be much abliged thx

2. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

Does the drive read other discs (CD or DVD)? If not, then you may have it setup wrong... check your master/slave jumper on the drive. If it reads some discs, then either your PS2 disc is scratched or you need to reinstall your driver for the drive.

3. confuzzed

confuzzed Member

it reads everything but ps2 games for a strange reason,it used to be able to read the games but now it cant,and no the games have no marks or anything on them

4. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

You may have to uninstall some of your burning programs to take care of it. My Pioneer A04 did this for a while, then cleared up. Not sure what was going on.

5. confuzzed

confuzzed Member

i uninstalled a bunch of burning apps and all that still wont work =(
    i dunno what it could be does anyone have any other suggestions?

6. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

it may be your dvd burner

7. saltan23

saltan23 Member

i ve had this sort of problem... wat i did was disable the auto run in windows xp.. the auto run is the thing that starts up when u insert a disc asking wat u would like to do... go to registry and disable it.. auto run starts a prog on the ps2 game disc that disables the drive.. this is a form of protection... but if u do like i said u should have no prob.