1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! DVD burns but doesn't show...cuz of new media

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by aznrtx10, Oct 7, 2004.

1. aznrtx10

aznrtx10 Guest

firmware upgrade what the crap is that?!

i have a samsung 8x dvd-r/rw burner

and i just recently bought this new media .. memorex *NEW* 8x dvds because they cleaned out their old 4x DVDs at the store WHICH worked fine to me.

so i see the firmware upgrade warning and i don't care cuz my burner is 8x..... but now i burned 6 dvds and realized none of them worked just now..

i went to dvdrwservices.com to find an upgrade to even try out and they don't even have samsung as a company listed! what do i do!!... i have a spindle of like 20 more to go to waste.

2. Gnomex

Gnomex Regular member

3. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Dude, how many anyone help you if you don't even give details like a model #? Go to Google, type in "Samsung", your model #, "firmware", "update". It' just a small file that you run and it will "flash" your burner. It is permanant, so you better read the instructions carefully. Who knows if this is even the problem you have. You burned a bunch of DVDs without even getting a confirmation of a successful burn or checking to see if you could read the files?

4. Gnomex

Gnomex Regular member

@DogBomb

Well said.

@aznrtx10

As DogBomb said and I must agree. Make sure you read the documentation reguarding firmware updates on your drive before proceeding. Most firmwares are nice and simple, others require short-term changes to DMA settings to avoid dammage.

5. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... STAY AWAY FROM MEMOREX MEDIA ... it is landfill material ... they change manufacturers more often than I change my socks ... because of this, you can't predict whether or not your discs will be any good ... If you insist on going to an actual store (instead of ordering on-line) you're much much better off getting Maxell ... you'll get more consistant burns and they'll archive better ...

... Now if you order on-line ... go through NewEgg, Meritline, Rima or SuperMediaStore ... get yourself some Ritek G04 or some Pioneer certified ProData ... you can get a cakebox of 100 of either brand, for less than $50 delivered ...

6. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2004