1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!! DVD-cloner reload doesn't work!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by coolwhip, Mar 23, 2005.

1. coolwhip

coolwhip Member

I have had to wipe and reload my computer and when I put dvd-cloner 2 back on it won't work and customer support sucks. They say they are in another country and I should be understanding that I can't call them. Everything they have told me to do is basic and has NOTHING to do with my problem. It stops reading at 6% and goes no further. I am ready to throw it away at this point and buy something else. Can ANYONE help me figure this out? If anyone has much knowledge with this program and knows why it won't work after reloading please e-mail me at coolwhip12198@yahoo.com

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

what are you trying to get and what from? and as a quick guess have you installed an ASPI layer?

========================================

1. Running Programs

Make sure you quit all running background programs, such as anti-virus software.

Windows 95 Users
    Use the Ctrl-Alt-Del function to quit all the programs using the Task Manager, EXCEPT for the Explorer, systray, and your recording software

Windows 98/ME Users
    Select [Start] -> [Run], then input "msconfig". Disable everything under the [Startup] tab, except "system tray'.

Windows 2000/XP Users
    Open the Task Manager, then select the program/s under the [Application] tab, then click [End Task].

2. Drive Connection

Other devices may be interfering with the CD-R/RW drive. Disconnect all other removable devices, then try recording again. If there is still a problem, try the following.

Optimal Hardware Configuration

All hard drives are placed on the Primary IDE, check that the drives are correctly set as master/slave. CD-ROM/CD-R/RW drives are placed on the Secondary IDE, set the recording drive as the "master". If you are using a USB or IEEE devices, disconnect them.

Update your chipset

Windows 95/98/ME Users
    Right click on [My Computer] and select [Properties] from the menu. Click on [Device Manager], then click to open [Hard Disk Controllers]. You will find: the Primary IDE Channel controller, the Secondary IDE Channel controller and a brand name controller, e.g. Intel, SIS, VIA, etc. The brand name controller is what needs to be updated. Please visit their website to obtain these updates.

Windows NT/2000/XP Users
    Right click on [My Computer] and select [Properties] from the menu. Click [Device Manager] on the [Hardware] tab, then click to open the [IDE ATA/ATAPI (hard disk) controllers] section. You will find: the Primary IDE Channel controller, Secondary IDE Channel controller, and a brand name controller, e.g. Intel, SIS, VIA, etc. The brand name controller is what needs to be updated. Please visit their website to obtain these updates.

Configure Windows
    Make sure that your operating system has been fully updated. Visit the Microsoft website to acquire these updates.

3. ASPI Manager

Check your ASPI layer configuration. Your recording program is likely to use the standard windows ASPI layer, which has been replaced by another ASPI layer of yet another recording program. Make sure you have the original windows ASPI layer in use and retry. If the problem persists, contact the drive maker.

4. DMA Settings

Setting DMA mode:

Windows 95/98/ME Users

Right click on [My Computer] and select [Properties] from the menu. Click on [Device Manager], then click on [CD-ROM]. This will expand to show the CD drives on your system. Right click on a drive and select [Properties] from the menu. Click on the [Settings] tab and check that the [DMA] option is enabled. Repeat this procedure for the remaining CD drives.

Win NT/2000/XP Users

Right click on [My Computer] and select [Properties] from the menu. Click [Device Manager] on the [Hardware] tab, then click to open the [IDE ATA/ATAPI (hard disk) controllers] section. You will find: the Primary IDE Channel controller, Secondary IDE Channel controller. Complete the following procedure:

Right click on the Primary IDE controller and select [Properties] from the menu.
    Select the [Advanced Settings] tab. Check that the [Transfer Mode] for both devices is set to [DMA if available].
    Repeat this for Secondary IDE controller.

Note: In some cases older CD-ROM drives will not support DMA mode. In that case please set both devices to PIO mode.

5. Disc

Recording errors often occur when the disc is dirty, or has fingerprints or scratches. If an error occurred during test simulation (before actual recording), clean the disc. If you are getting recording errors, try the following.
    Use a different blank, recordable disc.
    Use a different manufacturer's disc.
    Ensure the disc is clean before recording:
    Remove all fingerprints, dirt, and dust from the shiny side of your disc using a nonabrasive cloth with a mild, nonabrasive soap solution.
    Wipe the disc from the center to the edge of the disc.
    Dry the disc completely.

Error during file verification
    If an error occurred when the files were being verified, record the same files again using a different disc.

Read error when copying a disc
    When copying a disc, if an error occurred while reading data from the original disc, the original disc may be scratched or dirty.
    Try cleaning the disc.
    Remove all fingerprints, dirt, and dust from the shiny side of your disc using a nonabrasive cloth with a mild, nonabrasive soap solution.
    Wipe the disc from the center to the edge of the disc.
    Dry the disc completely.
    Try using a different source drive.
    To change the drive you use to read your disc, click the Change button when asked to insert a source disc into your drive tray.
    Select the drive you wish to use from the drop-down menu.
    Insert your disc into the new drive.
    Try using copying the disc using one drive as both the source and destination drive.
    When you use your recorder to both read and write to your disc, B's Recorder GOLD creates an image file of the entire disc to your hard drive and then copies that temporary file onto your blank disc. This can be helpful if the drive you are using to read your original disc is slow or unreliable.

If the problem persists, contact the drive maker.

6. Drive

If you have tried Actions 1 through 5 above, there may be a problem with your drive. Contact the drive maker with details of the error code. If the 5th and 6th digit of the error code is 80 through FF, then the error code is maker unique. The descriptions of these error codes differ depending on the maker.

3. AWMJr.

AWMJr. Member

DvD Cloner 2 came out with a new updat late last yr I think. I had the same problem until I redown loaded the update and used my existing Id number to activate it so far its working fine.

4. coolwhip

coolwhip Member

I tried downloading the new version and using my existing code but it still isn't working, I also put the older verion on and tried it and it didn't work.
    1. There are no other programs running
    2. I've updated everything I can think of but why would it work before the wipe and reload and not after if it had the same stuff on it as before?
    3.I don't know as much about ASPI settings and will check it out.
    4.When I check the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers there is only one listed. The primary and secondary aren't even there. The other is NIVIDIA CK8 SPP parallel ATA controller.
    5. The disk are fine
    6.The drives are fine
    Computer programers put programs out on the market for everyone to buy and then the consumer goes to work with it and you have to be a wizard to get it to work properly. What happened to loading a program and it actually WORK. Sorry I'm frustrated I shouldn't have to jump through a hundred hoops to get a simple program to work on my computer especially when it has all new componants.

5. chicoz66

chicoz66 Guest

hey coolwhip .. dont worry i also have the same problen with clone dvd and any dvd and untill now
    still not working for me and it also crash my puter
    and i also send it email to suppor and until now
    they haven respond back to me from thurday
    soi think you are corret they do SUCK!!!!

6. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

It's unfortunate that you have had problems with your programs/hardware. However, many of us have been most fortunate that we have had no problems with these programs and and are pleased with the results gained. Therefore, from my experence, these programs most definately do not "suck".

7. colw

colw Active member

Hey - come on guys/gals - don't get our knickers in a knot.

We all know that over 95% of computer problems are related to a malfunctioning interface located between the chair and the keyboard.

What do you expect when you reload/reformat your harddrive? All known associations will be lost and you will need to reload the original programs to re-create the associations and have them work properly. If you have been using hacked/cracked software all will be lost.

Software vendors cannot be held responsible for individual stupidity.

8. coolwhip

coolwhip Member

colw-I paid FULL price for the program that I put on my computer and whether I have the program for 5 years or I clean up my computer once in a while and put everything back on clean I expect the programs that I buy to work no matter how many times I load them. While I agree that many of the problems that are out there are with what you put into the computer I also think that the stupidity lies more in the vendors laps that put out programs that are suppose to be good and then they have customer support that SUCKS! One unsatisfied customer in my book is too many. There are copanies out there that actually take care of their customers when they come across a problem whether it is the customers fault or not and those companies will stay in business, the others won't. And one unsatisfied customer will tell 10 people who will tell 10 people......... I hope for your sake (bilbo 65)that you don't have any problems. Oh by the way -colw- you didn't even bother to offer a solution, I am honestly trying to fix the problem no matter where it lies and all you could do was call me stupid?

9. colw

colw Active member

OK - coolwhip, I apologise for the stupidity remark - it was meant as an generalization and not personal.

It is just that countless times I have seen people do crazy things with their computer like reformatting and then blame the software when things don't work properly (especially when using hacked programs).

I often have to try and sort out these messes.

If you have a genuine key/licence code, I have no idea why the program is not working properly and freezing.

Until you get it sorted out, you may care to try DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter (both free) and available from this site - they are a very good combination.

Best of luck.

10. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

its like colw says i would sit back relax and move on! sticking to one thing can make a monopoly of life, dvd shrink and dvd decrypter are free and in mind amazing! i recommend them and use them!

i would try these, but dont forget the cloner app, as you have dvd copys flying at you with DD and DS you can reflect on cloner in a new light and keep trying the odd thing now and again to see if you get it to work...

did you ever run through my 1 to 6 list to see if all is ok? as i think its something missing from your computer and not your app!

like xp pro doesnt load an aspi layer by default! etc...

(when you reloaded your computer did you go inside the case for anything?)

i would try the 2 apps mentioned at least you can say it not your computer then! as if these dont work SOMETHING IS WRONG THEN.......and its not cloner!

11. chicoz66

chicoz66 Guest

hey colw i also have the same problems
    with those programs and yes i have pay for my
    program and yes my pc did crash and untill now
    i haven hear from support so now i dont think
    is cool for u to tell people that and yes i have post my already until now i can not get my work i even wipe my hds already but this time i dont want to
    upload clone until i have find out about there screew up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

The thought ever cross you mind that you may have done somthing wrong???

13. chicoz66

chicoz66 Guest

uh ! no ... that only think i did it was yes and yes and reboot !

14. coolwhip

coolwhip Member

Thanks for everyones help. I'm not totally sure yet but the problem may be solved.A friend of ours took a look and the clock was off so he reset it and when we went to pick it up he turned it on and the clock was off again so we replaced the battery on the motherboard and it seemed to burn a movie at his place. He is going to check it later and see and I am going to hook it all back up here and see. It's a whole new computer built to my husbands specs but you never know how long those batteries sit in the warehouses before they actually put them on the motherboards. If this doesn't solve it I will probably do what you suggested and use the free ones for now but I have a question. Do you use both DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter together? Do you load one first and then the other and do they know how to work together or do you have to do something to connect them or to direct them to work together? Thanks again guys I do appreciate the help. oh by the way Rotary I think you've been sitting at the computer too long have you looked in the mirror lately? hahahahahaha nice picture.

15. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

you want to see me now i have been doing 5 days of intensive house decorating for my woman, i sewn into my long johns and have a beard to shave off, who mentioned grizzly adams....hehehe....

all this of course between witing to threads on AD, your head would lok like mine...hehehe..

ok dvd shrink and dvd decrypter go together very nicely!!!

-----------------------------------------

what ever disc situation you need to copy read this below! 3 types for ya! enjoy...

=======DVD-5 -> DVD±R, Single layer DVD discs only (*Inc PS2*)=========

Remove all discs from drives.

Open DVD Decrypter.

From the 'Mode' menu, select 'ISO' -> 'Read'.

Put DVD-5 / PS2 disc in drive.

Take note of the 'Destination' file name.

Click the big 'Decrypt' button.

Take the DVD-5 / PS2 disc out of the drive.

From the 'Mode' menu, select 'ISO' -> 'Write'.

Put a blank disc in your DVD Writer.

Click the little folder icon - 'Browse for source file' - and select the MDS file created for you as part of the steps above.

Click the big 'Write' button.

Finished!

Note: You NEED a chipped PS2 to play these disks. Try http://www.gameworlddirect.co.uk or http://www.modchip.com

-------------------------------------------

========DVD-9 -> DVD±R, using only free software========

This is one good path to follow if you don't have any DVD software utilities at all.

Updated: 8th August 2004 (based on hembo's guide)
    Scope of this guide: To copy any DVD9 to one DVD±R(W) with all the contents or the 'main movie' only.
    Hard disc space needed: 20 Gbyte when backing up a movie on 1 DVD9.

Tools used:
    DVD Decrypter 3.5.2.0
    DVD Shink 3.2 (note: if your drive is not NTFS you must use 3.2 or later)
    Download and install both of the above.
    Setting up DVD Shrink:
    Click on the Edit menu and then on Preferences...
    In the DVD Shrink Preferences window which opens, click on the File I/O tab
    As this guide only uses freeware, make sure that the Enable burning with Nero option is UNCHECKED

[​IMG]

Click the OK button

Ripping:
    Start DVD Decrypter
    Ensure you're in 'File' mode by pressing the 'F' key or selecting it via the 'Mode' option in the menu at the top
    If, for some reason, all files are not selected, press <Ctrl-A> to select ALL the files
    Make a note of the destination folder, for example 'C:\NAME_OF_DVD\VIDEO_TS'

[​IMG]

Click the [DVD-image] button to start DVD Decrypter, this will take anything from 10 minutes and up, depending on your computer and DVD drive speed

[​IMG]

When it is finished, close DVD Decrypter

Re-authoring / Shrinking:
    Start DVD Shrink
    Click the [OPEN FILES] button on the main toolbar
    Navigate to C:\NAME_OF_DVD\VIDEO_TS and click [Ok], this will take a few minutes while DVD shrink analyzes the DVD.

[​IMG]

When the analysis has finished, you will see the entire structure of the decrypted DVD files.

Jump to step 16 to backup the entire DVD, (like an episodic or series DVD like Friends or Simpsons), instead of just the 'main movie', and then adjust the compression for the extras and menus in order to leave more room for the main title.

Click the [RE-AUTHOR] button on the main toolbar and the DVD Browser tab should be active; if not, click on it
    Click and hold on 'Title 1' and drag it to the left-hand pane, under DVD

[​IMG]

If your movie is greater than 4.35GB then the movie is automatically compressed as you can see if you click on the 'Compression Settings' tab. Here you can deselect audio tracks and subtitles you don't want in order to minimize the compression of the video.

[​IMG]

Insert a blank DVD±R(W) into your DVD-burner
    Click the [BACKUP] button on the main toolbar
    Select ISO Image file and burn with DVD Decrypter as your target device

[​IMG]

Select an appropriate target file/folder for DVD Shrink to output to, for example 'C:\NEW_DVD.ISO'
    If your movie is greater than 4.35GB, then you can CHECK the 'Perform deep analysis' option on the Quality Settings tab to enhance the video quality. If it's not, there's no need to compress and you can't select that option.

[​IMG]

Click [OK]. If your movie is greater than 4.35GB it will take about 20 - 40 minutes depending on the length of the movie, and the complexity of the mpeg. Otherwise it will only take a few minutes.
    Once DVD Shrink has finished reauthoring and/or compressing, DVD Decrypter will automatically launch and burn the image to DVD without any user intervention
    When you have checked and are happy with the new DVD, you can delete the 'C:\NAME_OF_DVD' folder, the 'C:\NEW_DVD' folder (if it exists) and the 'C:\NAME_OF_DVD.ISO' file

========DVD-9 -> DVD+R DL, Double layer to Double layer! (1:1)==========

Remove all discs from drives.

Open DVD Decrypter.

From the 'Mode' menu, select 'ISO' -> 'Read'.

Put DVD-9 disc in drive.

Take note of the 'Destination' file name.

Click the big 'Decrypt' button.

Take the DVD-9 disc out of the drive.

From the 'Mode' menu, select 'ISO' -> 'Write'.

Put a blank double layer disc in your DVD Writer.

Click the little folder icon - 'Browse for source file' - and select the MDS file created for you as part of the steps above.

Click the big 'Write' button.

Finished!

USE THE .MDS FILE IT CONTAINS THE LAYER BREAK INFO FOR BURNING!

Note: If your drive supports booktype / bit setting, remember to tell it to burn DVD+R DL discs as DVDROM. This will make them more compatible with players. The booktype / bit setting utility is accessed by clicking on the little 'book' icon when in ISO Write mode.