1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help DVD rip for vista

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Colby55, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Colby55

Colby55 Member

Hi I have windows vista home prem. now and I know how to rip clips from dvd's but what program should I download for ripping clips from dvd box sets on vista?????/

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

DVD Shrink might work, and edit with something like Nero. not sure what works and what doesn't on vista, though, as that OS severely limits your capabilities.

3. Colby55

Colby55 Member

I have nero and it sucks! Also I only want some clips from the dvds I used pocket pc trial verison before and it stopped working for me. Any programs that lets me rip a part of the dvd??

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

Nero is the preferred general application of about 85-90% of the people on this forum, so i don't think you can get away with saying it sucks. ^.^ vista sucks, end of story.

with all the programs i use, i simply rip the whole dvd and then use a video editing program to take the exact bits i want. i've never bothered with directly taking clips, but maybe someone else around here can help.

5. Colby55

Colby55 Member

Sorry but nero sucks for me I also have an xp and Nero doesnt do anything for me there we even had people look at it. Plus I don't want the whole dvd cause it will take up to much mb and anyways I wouldn't be able to change it to wmv and stuff. I really need help.

Also doesanyone know how to make a wmv, avi to gif>?