1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help...Dvd shrink not responding

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by chancee, Feb 2, 2005.

1. chancee

chancee Member

At the very beginning of the process, when I insert DVD to be copied - then open DVD shrink - click OPEN DISC... it starts to copy, but then stops at 5% and just stalls out. I got a message once that sais DVD is copy protected??? Thought that wasn't supposed to be a problem?

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Has it happened before? What is the DVD that is giving you problems?

3. chancee

chancee Member

little black book. As we speak, I'm attempting to rip with decryptor instead. I'm assuming that if I can successfully rip the movie with decryptor to my hard drive - then, I can use Shrink DVD to compress it? Then burn it to a DVD with decryptor or Shrink? I

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Very good. Just so you know, from now on when you want to back up a sony(columbia,tristar) release, you will have to use decrypter first. Good luck.

5. chancee

chancee Member

Help?? Still there? the movie seems to have been ripped ok with decrypror, but now, when I try and open video files with Shrink DVD... it says it failed to open video_tfo.iso file/something like that...

The ripped movie file is called DVD video/iso file. Any ideas why it won't open it?

6. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Start over. When you rip it with devrypter use file mode, not iso. When you are in shrink and you click backup go to where it says backup target and choose iso image file and burn with decrypter. That should do it.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2005