1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!!! DVD Shrink won't open Decrypter automatically

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Cup_Cake, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Cup_Cake

Cup_Cake Member

Hi everyone

Things are just not happening for me today and I need some of the experts on here to help.

I rebuilt our PC last night and downloaded DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter and installed on the PC. Both programs work OK when I use them independently.
    However, previously I had DVD Shrink to give the option in the Backup Target Device screen of using ISO with DVD Decypter. This no longer shows up and I'm stumped as to how I get it back.

The only options I get in the drop down menu are...

Burn with Nero
    Create ISO Image file
    Creadte DVD Files - Hard Disk Folder

The option to create ISO Image File and burn with DVD Decrypter is gone!!!!

I want to be able to set it up like I had before that once DVD Shrink has finished it would automatically open DVD Decrypter.

I installed Nero 7 which was not on the system before, could this be the problem, and if so how can I fix it???

Also, not all my options are available on the other tabs such as Quality Settings (can't select anything, all greyed out), Burn Settings (can't select burn speed).

Any help is appreciated.

Cup Cake

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

3. Cup_Cake

Cup_Cake Member

Hi dialysis1

Thanks for the response. I tried what you said and uninstalled and reinstalled Shrink wit not luck, wtill not getting the dvd decrypter option.

Next suggestion!!!!!

This is so annoying as it has to be a simple fix!!!

4. Cup_Cake

Cup_Cake Member

OK, found the problem.

Upon hunting around the net for the last our found the following on the DVD Shrink version history... thought I would post this just in case anyone else gets stuck like I did. In short, with version 3.2 you DON'T get the 'Brun with DVD Decrypter' option. See below...

Version 3.1.7 - 14 March 2004
    Added function to read and write ISO files, also backup option to burn an ISO file with DVD Decrypter.

Version 3.2.0.14 - 25 July 2004
    Removed "burn with DVD Decrypter" checkbox and replaced with a selectable backup target.

So, they've removed the option to choose DVD Decrypter.

Now I need to hunt down the earlier version and install that. Hope this helps someone else who can't work out why this happened.

5. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  6. XweAponX

XweAponX Member

Remember, you cannot get to the actual Burning options until you have your DVD prepped to back up. The selection for what you are looking for appears when you hit "BACKUP"

It is there where you choose the location and type of backup, and the DVD Decrypter option appears there, and not under the general prefs for the program. However: In the general prefs, the last property sheet has "Burn with Nero" - You will want to deselect that.

And to agree with Dialysys1- You do NOT want any other version of Shrink other than 3.2.0.15 and do not install any altered "DVD Shrink 3.2.exe" file that has been altered for IMGburn functionality (Those exe's have been altered to remove the macrovision removal - This fouls up the programs operation)

Cheers.

JV