1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help dvdshrink+nero

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by yeababy, Jul 5, 2003.

1. yeababy

yeababy Member

ok im using xp have read all info & printed out copies but still making tea cosys
    im managing to backup my dvd to my hd using dvdshrink and then i burn using nero ok but it wont play on my standalone player but works on my comp player, am i doing something wrong or is my standalone (mustek)crap ??

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Hello

Firstly check out to see if your player is compatible to play dvdr at:
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com, and look for your player in the dvd compatibility section.

Now you either have a media issue OR old faithful nero upto it's own tricks again - nero can be a little off sometimes.

Check your PM's I have sent you a no frills nero guide - see if it helps........

3. mdtplus4

mdtplus4 Member

I's sure like to see this Nero guide if it's not too much trouble.

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Pm'd...........Baaaaaaaaaa!

5. yeababy

yeababy Member

hi baa┬┤baa have checked list ok v600r some people say its ok have had no problem so far (standalone player), please remember complete idiot as far as this goes so need step by step help, im using asusdvr-104 player on comp to read dvd etc i then shrink file as per dvd shrink 2 guide as supplied on doom9.org sorry before anyone has a go at using another address, they have really good instructions but im still making tea cosys? is it nero thats at fault??

6. usmcja

usmcja Guest

i am having problems too
    dvd writes successfully but wont play on a stand alone player

7. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Yeababy - have a look at: http://www.chrismccann.co.uk - very GOOD guide for dvd shrink here.....

I have PM'd you a nero no frills guide - have you got it?

The first things you want is that you need a folder called VIDEO_TS (in uppercase).

When your files have been processed with dvd shrink you need to point them to the VIDEO_TS folder as the destination....

Then burn with nero or recordnowmax, now if you are having problems with nero - there are alot of options you could choose - now it maybe that the option you are choosing is not compatible with your player......try a different option...

Have a look at that guide and let me know....Baaaaaa!

usmcja - what problems are you having - your disc plays in the pc but not in standalone?

post what steps you are using, what files you have after processing, where you are placing these files, what burning program are you using and what options....

Forgot to mention - may also be a media issue - but we need to check your methods out first....Baaaa!......let me know...._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Beware of the Pixies - they move in over night and turn your life upside down

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2003
  8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

BaaBaa, when you get frills on it, PM me it too ;-)

9. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Oriphus, got buckets to do.......

Should have nero or dvd decrypter done at the end of the week....man I am so busy.

Pm me if this causes any probs.....cheers....

10. yeababy

yeababy Member

hi baaaa thanks for the guide reads really easy have just tried udf/iso option but didnt work

11. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Try the UDF ROM option with the same settings....let me know....

12. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Theres no rush, i appreciate any input, you know that my little sheepish friend lol

13. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Done it now, managed to squeeze a couple of hours in - reads well.

Modify/edit as you need

14. yeababy

yeababy Member

just like to say thanks for the help have printed out both your guides (nero/dvd shrink) really easy to understand, and i have at last managed to burn my first dvd so have a beer on me, just for youre info i had to burn it as ROM IFO on nero,

15. baabaa

baabaa Active member

yeababy - YEAH BABY!!!!!!!

Nice one, how old is your mustek?

I had an old LG - way back from 1999 - this would only play the UDF ROM option.

Nice to hear you've completed it...

The sun is shining at afterdawn again....LOL

16. yeababy

yeababy Member

its less than a year old, one more question if u dont mind as u seem to know what ure talking about, obviously im using a freeware prog at mo (dvdshrink)should i stay with this or is it better to buy dvdcopy or dvdone2one etc etc, its a bit of a mine field trying to find the right prog thats really easy to use,
    ps if ure worried about the pixies u should move to north sweden wre i live as we have no night time for 6months of the year lol

17. coreydj

coreydj Member

i've done using the udf/isomode. to make it realy work under udf tab make sure u check the box that say's dvd compatibility with x-box. also make sure everything else is unticked on the tab iso. under relax iso restriction make sure it's no check marks. i've backed my favorites with this method. but u can't shrink to the max with dvd shrink that when u gonna have problems. don't do like i did and look for the QUICK SOLUTION. i scouted around for months befor i got it right i have bout 19 coaster to prove it.

ps...always us dvd-rw or +rw to test.

18. mdtplus4

mdtplus4 Member

No night for 6 months....It's a good thing there a lot of good looking women in Sweden or the population might dwindle down to nothing.

DVD Shrink is a great program, if you have a program that will burn the contents of the VIDEO_TS folder, stick with what you got. I have bought several programs over the past year, and here I am using the free stuff instead.

Well, I am using Nero too, it was only $24 though._X_X_X_X_X_[small]WINXP HOME, AMD 1800
    ASUS A KT266 MOBO, 768 DDR 2100 RAM
    PIONEER DVR-A05U
    ATI A-I-W 7500 VIDEO CARD
    120 GIG PRIMARY HDD
    100 GIG SECONDARY HDD[/small]

19. baabaa

baabaa Active member

yeababy - no night time, geez man/women (no sexist here) bet its real wierd when it does go dark then - as though the world is ending.....LOL

Anyway to answer your Q's:

Dvd Shrink is a fully comprehensive program designed to do rip/strip/compress/re-author DIRECTLY from the disc, and is free.....

Dvd2one was the original of this class of software - which took this forum by storm within hours.

Personally, dvd shrink is better to manipulate files (dvd2one is catching up) and if you are happy with this then stick with it....

As for burning - people tend to plum for nero as it is usually shipped with burners along with other stuff.
    However, I started out with nero and ran into misburns and compatibility issues - I did eventually resolve them - but the new updates are supposed to be really good.
    I now use recordnowmax - cannot fault this - no coasters and no compatibility issue that I have encounetered (on numerous standalones)..

For more info regarding guides on dvdshrink/nero/recordnowmax then visit:
    http://chrismccann.co.uk - still under construction but some links are available...

Yeababy - you know when you retire for bed etc, do you say goodnight OR good day.....LOL

Hope this has helped....

20. usmcja

usmcja Guest