1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help dvdshrink+nero

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by yeababy, Jul 5, 2003.

1. yeababy

yeababy Member

ok sorry but im male, have just read a couple of reviews ref recordnowmax sounds good but i can only find recordnowdeluxe/recordnowplatinum for europe dl not interested with extras on platinum, do u know if deluxe is the european version of max,

yea i know it might sound strange but even though its daylight 24/7 at mo still say goodnight to the girlfriend lol

2. yeababy

yeababy Member

me again see the trouble is know, ive managed to burn my first dvd BIG SMILE but ive started thinking (i know should never do that but) if i stay with nero with its compatability probs and i change my standalone dvd player (which i will probably do in the next 6 months, one of those guys who constantly changes my comp parts etc etc just to stay upto date) iwill have backed up all my dvds but they might not be able to play on my new player so ill have a stack of tea cosies again lol

3. mdtplus4

mdtplus4 Member

Well now, there's a hole other can of worms you just opened! Who's to say what we're backing up today will work in the stand alones in say 5 years?

Is there a post on this subject already?

4. yeababy

yeababy Member

ummm i understand that, its just that right now i have to burn as ROM IFO to get them to play on my stand alone, and if friends want to lone a dvd i would rather lend out a copy, but will my IFO copy play on their player.

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Yeababy - totally see your dilema.....

I changed to recordnowmax BECAUSE of the compatibility issues with nero.

Now my players play ALL of them, I have also purchased a couple of others which were broken and therefore repaired them - they ALL worked fine with the UDF format.

Now there just is no way to guarantee that they will play in a newer player - however ALL discs that I have created using recordnowmax have been 100% compatible - so my best advice (opinion) would be to plum for recordnowmax v4.5
    ASAP so when you do purchase a newer player - then you will not have done that many using nero so it won't cause you any bother......

Also what version of Nero are you using, as I believe the latest update 5.5.10.42 is VERY compatible - download the update and try the guide for the udf/iso option it may work then...

Then the decision is yours whether to stick with nero or go for recnowmax....

Have a look at http://www.chrismccann.co.uk

There is a link to get recordnowmax (in the guide area) - I just have the standard one and not platinum but upgraded to v4.5.....

6. yeababy

yeababy Member

hi baabaa have checked the link but it leads to recordnowdeluxe

7. baabaa

baabaa Active member

your right, just had a look.....

Well it seems they have combined the original v4 and made it available as a complete package with the platinum - more expensive than when I purchased it....

I purchased v4 just recordnowmax - and downloaded the update to v4.5.....

It seems as though v4 is no longer available and you purchase v4.5 outright....

You can download a trial version from here:
    http://www.softlandmark.com/RecordNowMax.htm

This is the full version and is valid for 30 days - may take some time to download - worth a shot first before you buy.......

8. yeababy

yeababy Member

hallo mate ok ive dl guide from chrismccann reads dead easy to use and have dl 30 day trail prog as well so im going to give it a go now u ill get back to u later ( hopefully smiling)

9. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I don't think you will be disappointed....

Any issues let us know.....Baaaaaa!

10. yeababy

yeababy Member

ohhh yess yesss first time perfect u can stick nero were the sun dont shine will definatly buy recordnow its so easy to use, cant believe its that simple dvdshrink + recordnowmax definatly gets my vote as a newbie to this game, goto say thanks for the guides baabaa they are really great,well its time to crack open a beer and let the copying begin lol

11. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Cool, didn't think you'd be disappointed....

It really is easy as ABC with recnowmax.

Good thing with recnowmax, if you are using the settings on the guide then this is all you need to do:

Open recnowmax
    Insert blank disc
    Click on data
    Insert name of dvd
    Select burn speed
    Click add files - and add the VIDEO_TS folder
    Hit the NICE RED SPOT......then your good....

Whether you've used dvd2one/dvd shrink or ifoedit, then recnowmax will make a sweet job of it...

None of that, jerking around with nero - and nice and compatible aswell.....

Anyway, glad your pleased with it....

Trouble is Nero is normally packaged with dvd burners - so people automatically use it - some with good success....

Herbsman uses Nero alot - and doesn't have ANY issues with it, so it just goes to show that there really isn't a UNIVERSAL method available yet (cannot really see there being one any time soon) however I cannot fault recnowmax, and I am sure you'll be hammering your burner now.

Oriphus, got the site together and him and I are compiling several guides together to put on there.....

Also loads of other features - but we wanted to get the key guides up there first......

Glad to be of help.....have a good one

Happy burning........Baaaaaaaaaaaaa!

12. coreydj

coreydj Member

how come everyone say nero is complicated....i use nero and record now and they both have the same number of clicks to start the burn process.....and i'm a novice at this. nero is good and i don't know what everyone is halfway complaining about. i made a few coaster myself when starting but shrink and nero works great. i used all my back-ups on ps2, x-box, samsung dvd player, and a pioneer dvd player (came out in 98). even went to circuit city, best buy, and compusa to test on other models and worked perfectly.

ooh yeah....always test with a DVD+RW and save some money on coasters....i read this at a site called AFTERDAWN.COM. dvd+rw cost about $3_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Windows XP
    AMD 1900 XP
    Sony DRU500ax DVD writer[/small]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2003
  13. baabaa

baabaa Active member

People do not say nero is complicated.

People say they have compatibility issues whilst using nero - you clearly do not.....

If software works for you - it doesn't mean it will work for everyone.

All pc/media/standalones are different and also HOW software is written is different - they may use slightly different standards to write to...

With that in mind, you may have a nice setup with nero/pc/media/standalone however - we all don't have your setup, that is why different methods/software are needed......

14. yeababy

yeababy Member

baabaa, do u know if dvdshrink and recordnowmax work on mac system, only good friend of mine has mac and i would definatly recommend these progs if they work on macos

p.s. 10 movies copied so far its to easy :0)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2003
  15. yeababy

yeababy Member

oops sorry just found a forum for macdvd questions

16. baabaa

baabaa Active member

To be honest - I know nothing when it comes to mac issues and would be a plonker trying to advise you on it.......sorry.
    (hope the site you found is of good use).

There is an OK forum here - might be able to find what you need: http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=9

Nice to see your banging them out now....LOL

17. yeababy

yeababy Member

nowhat u mean mac is a whole new ball game thanks for the site have forwaded it to him, as for the PM will look forward to that, ull just have to work harder for longer lol,

p.s. just got to say this is a great site you guys/girls have going have told all my friends to log on to afterdawn its nice to see people with knowledge trying to help us lemmings, and u dont get all pi**ed when we ask stupid questions , site gets my top vote. :eek:)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2003
  18. coreydj

coreydj Member

i want to back up my sanford and son disk (episodics) will shrink do it

19. Tosca

Tosca Guest

I've backed up a lot of episodal discs. DVD Shrink does it flawlessly.

20. baabaa

baabaa Active member

booyakasha!!!!! - yep dvd shrink will do that EASY.....

Check out http://www.chrismccann.co.uk for a step by step guide on dvd shrink....

any issues just YELL......LOL