1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help editing MP3 tags

Discussion in 'Audio' started by dreampet, Mar 28, 2012.

1. dreampet

dreampet Member

I've been all over the forums, can't find something to fix my problem.
    I have Windows XP. My mp3 player (Sansa Clip+) is playing certain albums out of track order. I did some research and found the problem is with the ID3 tags, which cause my player to read track # 3 as track # 312 and # 5 as 512, etc. But it doesn't list all songs that way. The only reason I can find is through right-clicking the mp3 file and clicking MediaInfo, which lists the track number (3) and then the total # of tracks (12) for some songs, but does not have the total number of tracks for other songs, just the track #. For example, track # 2 plays as track # 2 on the mp3 player and MediaInfo says it is track # 2, but track # 3 plays as track # 312 on the mp3 player and MediaInfo says it is track # 3 with 12 total tracks. So, how do I fix the MediaInfo??? Advanced Tag Editor in Windows Media Player won't do it. This is an album I purchased and DLed from Amazon; I hate that someone there didn't code my crap right. Grr.

2. Mez

Mez Active member

mp3tag is a popular tag editor. I would suggest using a quality audio manager like Media Monkey than WMP which is very minimal. That will also allow you to create and sync playlists which are really the only way I know to completely force an order. MM also has a good tag editor.