1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Error Always when Backup!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Chemmn, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Chemmn

Chemmn Member

I follow the Afterdawn guides on how to Shrink and things should go right but it doesn't. Everytime, I backup a dvd and is close to finish >an error message always occur. It says exemption occur. What does that mean and how can I fix it? Thank you.

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

make sure your drives firmware is up to date

use good blank media (Tiayo Yuden and or Verbatim)

and burn no faster than 8x on a clean machine without other programs running

3. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

There are a few "Exception Occurred" messages in Shrink.
    Exception occurred/Invalid handle
    Exception occurred/Not enough storage is available to process this command
    Exception occurred/The Parameter is incorrect
    Which one are you getting?

4. Chemmn

Chemmn Member

I get this one. Exception occurred/The Parameter is incorrect. I have no idea what this means. Thank you for all your help.

5. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Like aabbccdd said make sure your firmware is up to date. Also are you using AnyDVD in the background and also are you ripping the movie to your hard drive first by using DVDFab Decrypter??

6. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  7. Chemmn

Chemmn Member

I believe my firmware is up to date. I don't use AnyDVD in the background. What is AnyDVD??? I rip the movie to the hard drive first by using DVDFab Decrypter. When I Shrink the movie by opening the disk in DVD Shrink, it works out fine. But every time, I rip the movie to the hard drive first by using DVDFab Decrypter, an error occurs. Thanks for the help. Hopefully, I won't get any error message.

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

make sure you are using the latest verison of DVDFab Decrypter , you can download it here

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/

also try uninstalling and reinstalling the program

anydvd is a driver that works in the background that removes the copy protection from the store bought dvd . read this

AnyDVD works in the background to automatically remove the copy protection of a DVD movie as soon as it's inserted into the drive, allowing you then to backup the movie using a DVD backup tool such as CloneDVD and CloneDVD mobile. You can also remove the RPC region code, thereby making the movie region free and viewable on any DVD player and with any DVD player software.

AnyDVD is capable of removing unwanted movie features, including subtitles and prohibition messages such as copyright and FBI warnings. It also allows you to launch an external application whenever you insert or remove a disc, or prevent 'PC-friendly' software from automatically launching when you insert a video DVD.

Decryption is not all that AnyDVD offers. You can control the drive speed of your DVD drive, allowing you to reduce the noise level when watching movies on your PC. You can even adjust the display frequency of your monitor for both NTSC and PAL displays.

But AnyDVD doesn't just stop at DVDs. It also decrypts protected audio CDs to allow you to copy them.
    Features
    Works automatically in the background
    Removes encryption (CSS) and region code (RPC) from DVDs
    Removes analogue copy protection (Macrovision)
    Removes features such as forced subtitles and warnings
    Decrypts without the need to save the data onto your hard-disk
    Decrypts 'on the fly'
    Prevents automatic launching of 'PC-friendly' software on video DVDs
    Allows adjustment of your monitor refresh rate for both NTSC and PAL monitors
    Allows execution of external programs on disc insertion and removal
    Allows speed control of your DVD drives
    Compatible with all DVD media
    Works with all DVD-drives, regardless of region code
    Works with all DVD copying, such as CloneDVD, and all DVD player software
    Works transparently for the operating system: DVDs can be shared over the network and copied with the command prompt or with Windows Explorer, etc.
    Proven to be stable and fast and does not require an ASPI driver
    Features AnyCDDA: play, copy and rip protected audio CDs

http://www.slysoft.com/en/

9. animalz

animalz Guest

maybe the program itself is corrupted or the disc is really scratched.clean the disc if thats the cause or install the program again.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2007