1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Error message!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by duderules, Jan 8, 2007.

1. duderules

duderules Member

Sorry if you get this question alot but supposedly this is the most helpful website forum...i connect my samsung ts-h943 via sata to my sata port 1 on my motherboard and when my pc starts this error message comes up "Hardware Initiate failed. Please check device!!! The bios does not be installed". So at this point I look at my device manager an msinfo for my onboard sata (BTW my sata is via vt8237) an it says this:

Device Manager---
    This device cannot start. (Code 10)
    Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

Msinfo32---
    Name VIA SATA RAID Controller
    Manufacturer VIA Technologies, Inc.
    Status Error
    PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3149&SUBSYS_31491849&REV_80\3&267A616A&0&78
    Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\viamraid.sys (5.1.2600.430, 59.50 KB (60,928 bytes), 29/11/2006 17:45)

Now I read through the instructions again and i change my bios to non-raid...its takes a long time to load up but no error message comes up...I look at the msinfo and device manager again and they are exactly the same!!!!! Please I need ur help!!!!

2. Dfram

Dfram Regular member

What exactly are you trying to do with your samsung drive in windows?

3. modster

modster Regular member

you need to flash your ts-h943 with another firmware that would allow your pc to recognize it. I forget which firmware, you have to serach for it.

You can't connect your ts-h943 directly to your pc without firmware flash and expect to access it. There is a posting talking about this. so search for it.

cheers