1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Files too big...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by burnitall, Nov 28, 2004.

1. burnitall

burnitall Member

Recently I used "ISO>read" in dvd decrypter to read files from my terminator 3 dvd (and some others). When I wanted to burn it, the files for some reason ended up being too big! I thought it was the media I was using so I went out and got some TDK dvd+rs with the same problem.

So I checked the folder and there are 3 files - the one it burns from, the .I00 file and the .I01 file. Now I noticed the .I00 file is always around 4 gigs and then the extra .I01 file seems to be excess data? But it seems the whole image contains both files.

I have dvd decrypter, Alcohol 120% and Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator 6. Are there any guides or anything to help me burn or compress (or whatever the hell I have to do at this point) these files to a DVD? Please help!

Oh yeah, also I was using a guide to burn a dvd using DVD shrink... I think I got most of it down but got caught up at the part after it makes the folders (the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS ones)... how do I burn these files to a dvd using one of the above programs?

Any information on ANY of this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2004
  2. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Most new movies are too big, its all those extra goodies!

DVD Shrink solves that problem. Shrink is also set up to use Nero or DVD Decrypter. Read some guides, look around the site, run some searches, most things that you will need are already here. I know most come here are in a hurry, but like school the "teachers" here like it if you do your homework before the ?
    Check out http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd9_to_dvdr_with_dvd_shrink.cfm

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

Welcome to AD
    You might want to lose the Roxio, some think it will interfere with the others.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2004
  3. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

P.S Get some (+/or-) RW disks too get the hang of using the programs. If thinds do not go well at first, they will save you a ton of cash!

4. burnitall

burnitall Member

Thanks for that tip, good idea and yeah that link you posted was the one I used, but I'm still lost as to how to burn the files using dvd decrypter. I found a guide for nero, and a guide for decrypter (using regular dvds) but still no luck. I only know how to read from a dvd and write from those files using ISO>read and ISO>write, but this is different. These are 2 FOLDERS I need to burn to the dvd... Any ideas?

*edit*
    Nevermind, I figured out how to do it, just had to look into dvd shrink more for something I missed before. Thanks for the help dude!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2004