1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - Flashed wrong image and now got dreaded Kein Sysyem...

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by KnewBee2, Jun 24, 2007.

1. KnewBee2

KnewBee2 Member

Hi Folks

I fear I'm in big trouble. I've never been able to use IFA to flash my Sagem Dbox2 1XI, but today I managed to flash it using Flash FXP.

Idiot that I am though, I flashed the wrong image and I've now got the Kein System message when the box boots.

So I've got two requests:
    1) Can someone please give me a link/email with a decent Sagem 1XI image?

2) Can someone please confirm how I can flash that image to the box?
    (I assume I can no longer use Flash FXP but I'll have to use IFA instead? I hope there's another way cos no matter what I do, IFA never works!)

2. KnewBee2

KnewBee2 Member

I should mention I've read the guide to flashing using IFA, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

There are a few things I'm confused about.

The guide says to set the network connection to "10MPS Half Duplex". When I used the Flash FXP, it was set to "10 MPS Full duplex". Is that relevant?

I found a Sportster Sagem 1XI on the net. (not sure how old it is) When I try to flash the box, after a few seconds the Kein System message appears. Do I just keep rebooting the box (using the standby and up arrow) or do I close down IFA each time and restart that, before rebooting the box?

Please help...

3. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Pm me your email addy and ile post you a 1x sagem image
    Also wot version of ifa are you useing I will post you the other one
    Ifa is the only way to go now

With your box switched off at the wall load Ifa
    When you get the warning you are about to flash push ok and power up your box at the wall
    If it dont say flashing within 10 secs turn off at the wall and back on repeat this untill it says flashing in the LCD It may take an hour but it will go in the end

.............................Paul......................

4. KnewBee2

KnewBee2 Member

thanks - pm sent

5. KnewBee2

KnewBee2 Member

Thanks to bigdunc for an image, but I still can't get the box to flash, and I've been at it for hours now. I've read all the guides I've found, and as some have different settings, I'm a little confused.

Firstly, I think the IP of the DBox is 192.168.0.2 (as I can ping it through the command prompt with 100% success).

So this should def be the IP address I enter in the Internet Protocol properties? (some guide says to lower the last digit by 1?)

Secondly, I set everything up right (I disable all other network connections and the wireless adapter, there's no bluetooth on my laptop and it's a centrino so need to disable the dual core) - anything else missing? (even the most obvious suggestions might help)

IFA is now saying click ok to begin flashing. I click OK and turn on the power at the wall.
    DBox Boot Manager says "waiting to start" - is that normal?
    Dbox says Kein system.
    I power off at wall (or reboot and hold the buttons down) and then click start, before letting the reboot buttons go (or powering back on at the wall). Boot Manager says "Pinging DBOXII ...failed". I still get kein system on DBox

I've tired changing the IP address on the Boot manager and I now get "Pinging DBoxII...OK(0)ms", but still "kein System"

I've tried rebooting the box (with the buttons, rather than the wall socket each time) but always get the "kein system" message.

Any ideas?

6. alanbk1

alanbk1 Regular member

You need to have IFA setup with a network cable and rs232. I normally use someone else to help when I have this problem. Get the other person to be at the power supply (Plug) for the DBox and on the count of three, you press start on IFA and the plug goes in.This will then load the newer image.

7. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Crossover Cat5e RJ45 Ethernet Network Cable
    This is wot you need
    Along with ifa
    Nothing else
    ...............................Paul.....................

8. KnewBee2

KnewBee2 Member

I've got both but it won't flash.

I'm starting to think some of the settings must be wrong, but I can't figure out which it is.

I start IFA, select the image, and click start but The DBox always starts fairly quickly with Kein System.

Could it be that the Dbox is booting up before the laptop is ready?

Is there any way to double check the settings?

9. dbox2beg

dbox2beg Member

Start IFA program.

Select Image Click 'Continue/OK' button.

Click on next button & plug in your Dbox (Yes, your DBox must be disconnected from the mains).

As soon as you connect the DBox to the mains, 2 things will happen. Firstly, the IFA program will start chucking out some info on the IFA program editor. Secondly, the LCD on the DBox will show Hallenberg.

This may need to be done a few times because it doesn't always connect to the DBox first time. If there are problems, the IFA will more-or-less stall at this stage & the DBox will just continue to boot as normal (in your case you'll get the Kein System message error, not a major problem).

If there are problems. It's more than likely you have the wrong image OR your FTP connection is wrong (PC's IP address is set wrong, NIC is set-up wrong).

10. KnewBee2

KnewBee2 Member

Thanks,

I tried that for ages yesterday but nothing seemed to work.

Is there any way I can ensure the IP and NIC are correct (I can ping it using command prompt - does that mean it's working?

Is there a definitive, idiot-proof, step-by-step guide out there?

I've read a few, but some say set the NIC to 10 mbps Half Duplex, others say Full Duplex, some say the IP should be 192.168.0.2, others say 192.168.0.101(some people also say that IFA doesn't need the correct IP and it should flash anyway)
    I've read that the IP address in Boot Manager should be one less than the IP address(...0.2 becomes ...0.1 etc), I've read that you don't touch anything in Boot Manager as it should do everything itself...

I don't mind sitting for an hour two turning the socket on and off if I have the right settings but when I'm not sure I do it seems futile!

Are there any other programs out there other than IFA? Anyone else care to send me a link to more images so I can try them?

As always, any help offered is greatly appreciated.

(If anyone lives near Edinburgh, a demonstration of reflashing would be of enormous benefit and definitely worthy of a pint or two!)

11. alanbk1

alanbk1 Regular member

Really, you have all the right gear.It is just a matter of IFA catching the box at the right time on boot.I once had to try it at least 11 times and finally got it.So, don't give up.

12. habcat

habcat Member

The IP is of no concern.
    Soft resets using the buttons worked for me.

Just start the software and keep soft resetting untill it starts to load.

13. KnewBee2

KnewBee2 Member

Yes! ya £uc|<in' dancer! (apologies for my favourite Trainspotting quote!)

I'm both ecstatic and annoyed at finally getting the flash to take.

I done everything I done for almost ten hours yesterday (check my post times if you don't believe me!) but it worked on the 6th go tonight! I'm so relieved I'm not gonna be sitting at it for hours again but so annoyed it didn't do this yesterday!

Anyway, can't complain - I'm just doin' a channel scan and I should soon be back to where I started...

... which actually isn't great. I wanted to flash a new image as the picture started to freeze a lot, which only a reboot would sort (Not great in the middle of a match!)

I'm using Commando 6. Anybody care to share any more up to date images with me? I tried changing the Ucode but that didn't seem to help.

Should be a lot easier to flash with Flash FXP now it's up and running again (so long as it isn't a 2XI I use again...)

Thanks to everyone for all help and support, especially bigdunc.

14. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Check your mail for a link to an up to date 1 x image.......Paul

15. dbox2beg

dbox2beg Member

Grats.

When you have finally set up the DBox the way you like, i.e getting the right channels/bouquets, then backup your image for an emergency.