1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Flashing a 0225

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by foxykay, Jul 21, 2011.

1. foxykay

foxykay Member

Hi All, First post on this forum so please be nice, ive been a reader for years. I have done loads of research but there are still a couple of things that I am unsure of.

I was wondering if someone could please help me flash a xbox slim 0225. I have flashed all types of Phat xbox's drives before with different methods including slax/mode b for Hitachi's and MRA for the later lite-on's. I even made a probe for the 7 series lite-ons a couple of years ago.

I noticed the firmware is now out, but I am also aware that you cannot write the new firmware to the PCB. Ive seen the xecuter PCB's but they are a bit expensive for a single drive and was wondering if there is another solution. I have seen a bit of info on the PMT probe that you can make, is this just for reading the firmware or can it help writing or am I just getting my wires crossed here.

Cheers
    K

2. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

Currently the only way to flash a 0225 is with the custom pcb. Wait for Maximus to release the easier method. If you own a lizard, you will not need a new pcb.