1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help flashing chip

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by jk323, Mar 1, 2004.

1. jk323

jk323 Guest

hello can anyone help me flash my chip for some reason my correctly installed x2.3b + wont flash it reads all the media but then justs reads the label of the cd instead of flashing? please tell me to pm u if u are able to help me during the process of flashing i need someone to help me step by step because i am doing something wrong which i cant tell of it. please help me out asap thx

2. iggi

iggi Member

how did you make the bios disc? put it in your pc and see what files are on it.

3. jk323

jk323 Guest

when chip is off all three lights flash when chip is on only 2 blue light flashes and green light flashed on the eject button and it ejects then i put in the bios cd i made i made it by putting a 100mb dummy file then put the bios AND BURNED IT WITH NERO then my xbox reads the cd and even reads the name of the cd(cd named xbox) but then all it does it boot to cromwell screen and the flashing mode sign goes off and writes cdrom label:xbox(which is the name of cd i made) any help? am i doing everything right? because everything is not working please help me someone

4. iggi

iggi Member

5. jk323

jk323 Guest

I burned bios disc using nero and memorex cd-r's is it possible I have to use cdr-w's? I even have the samsung dvd drive, the only one i can use cdr on so someone please help me

6. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

To make the boot cd: you will need two files the evoxm7.bin and the evox.ini files. First rename your evoxm7.bin to bios.bin, Then you need your dummy file. When you burn the cd with Nero, make sure that joliet is unchecked, click the buttons that say allow more than 255 char. per path, and allow more than 8 subfolders. Make sure the cd speed is the slowest possible and that it is set to disk at once, and finalize CD.

The .bin and .ini files go in the root directory. (which means that they do not go in a any folders when you burn them on the disk.) You will make one folder however. I clicked create a new folder and it is named NEW by default. You dont have to rename it to anything. Put your dummy file in this folder.

So you should have:
    bios.bin (file)
    evox.ini (file)
    New (folder with 100-200 megs of dummy files)

Then click burn and you have your bios boot disk.