1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Flashing MS25

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by johnson30, Sep 16, 2007.

1. johnson30

johnson30 Member

Can somebody help me!! Im flashing an original fw from a MS25 to Iextreme 1.2... I think i did everything right... i got the orig.bin and then made the Ixtreme FW but it said it doesn't recognize it cuz its not a MS28 but i spoofed it anyway so i don't think it was a problem? But when i go to flash the fw in DOS i type mtkflash w /m /sata hacked.bin it gives me an error saying "ERR Failed to load input file" or some shit like that? Can someone help me!! I didn't brick the drive did i? Help would be much appreciated thanks!

2. sourD

sourD Regular member

No you didnt brick it you didnt upload anything to the drive. Make sure your hacked.bin is 256k in size. And then look for another mtkflash command to start the flash,

3. johnson30

johnson30 Member

it is 256.... why do i need another command? and what one should i use....

4. sourD

sourD Regular member

Ive read different commands for mtkflash that work for some and do not work for others depending on the comp setup. I used xtreme 5.0 and flashed using a via sata card with the command

mtkflash w /m hacked.bin

and has worked great for a looong time

5. emachine

emachine Guest

get iFlash.

6. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

did you rename the firmware yourself to hacked.bin? if not then its not called that and will be something like ix12.bin.

the command you are using is fine, the error you are getting is cause its looking for a filename thats not on your disk.