1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help flashing spider chip v1.1

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by bonddong, Feb 22, 2005.

1. mdsup

mdsup Guest

all autoinstaller's install a dash and apps

slayer's 2.6 is the best in my opinion

2. bonddong

bonddong Member

Ok thanks for the help I got a dash board installed and some apps I saved my first game to my hard drive it worked great again thanks for taking the time to help me out.

3. bonddong

bonddong Member

Do you make back up's of your games if so how do you do it.

4. tyche7

tyche7 Member

In order to make backups you'll need a program like dvd2xbox. Look 'in the usual places' for this one. I personally have Evox v3935 installed as my dashboard and use dvd2xbox and they both work great together.

5. Necros

Necros Member

I need some help looking for a bios. Do I have to make one or can I download one for somewhere? Please Help. My spiderchip needs your help!!!

6. dmpython

dmpython Member

I have a SpiderChip 1.1 that I recently installed. I updated the bios to FlashBios 3.0.3 and later found out that I need a hacked bios to install slayers which flashbios 3.0.3 is not. I have spent hours surfing and trying to install different bios's but nothing seems to work. No matter what I seem to try, I cannot get a new bios installed. I do not think my chip has a bios protector built into it. Below is a list of a few things I have tried with the EvolutionX M8plus bios:

- renamed it to bios.bin
    - loaded it onto 2 different types of media along with a dummy file. My drive is a samsung if it matters.
    - enabled network flashing uploaded the file

My box does not accept any of these to update. Any suggestions are welcome.

Del

7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

8. dmpython

dmpython Member

cool thanks...I tried what you suggested, using the spider reflash iso and just using the bios.bin file with the 100 mb dummy file and neither worked. I would suspect the media except that it is the same media I used to load Flashbios 3.0.3. I have also enabled networking flashing and have no success their either.

Should I keep trying different medias or do you think the problem is deeper than that?

9. dmpython

dmpython Member

Since my last post I have tried using a dvd to load the bios downloaded from hackdabox. I have also attempted the spiderchip iso reflash. Network flashing almost works but doesn't recognize the file as a valid bin.

A new development is the fact that flashbios doesn't even recognize that a disc is in the drive. When I posted last time, it halted every time but now it says "Waiting on drive" and then eventually ejects the disc.

I'm screwed ain't I? I can pop in a new hard drive if need be but I don't think that will help.

10. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Try this...

Borrow one of your friends DVD drives out of their Xbox, and put it in your's. Then try to put that same bios disc in and see if their drive can read the disc.

Flashing via a disc is not the only way you can flash the chip. You can find more ways on Hackdabox's site if I remember correctly.

11. dmpython

dmpython Member

I'll give that a shot, but network flashing hasn't worked either. I can connect and upload the bin file, but then it halts saying something about it not being a valid bin file.

12. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

What bios are you trying to flash your chip with?

13. dmpython

dmpython Member