1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!! followed guide on burning multiple svcd movies to one dvd+/-r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Kadiya, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Kadiya

Kadiya Member

... and it was fine till I reached the burning step. Dvd-lab won't burn the dvd I compiled off of it. Instead it says it's formating the disc and then it just says it's ready, so I hit write again and it said there's like a command access error or something like that!! and I tried burning in Nero but I don't know what part of Nero to use to burn this to dvd-/+r b/c when I try to burn from image it says the image compiled from dvd-lab is not supported!! Please Help!!! I really need to get these movies on dvd, I found some korean movies for my mom and I wanted to get them on dvd for her for Christmas but now it looks like it might not happen cuz of this.

2. Kadiya

Kadiya Member

Doesn't anyone know anything about this?????

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

If the files aren't encoded then you should Use Mpeg2 instead of Mpeg1 because it is a better format and maybe "Bump" the bitrate up to about 1500kbs. This will increase the Quality quite a Bit and still allow you to get 6 hours on a DVD if you use a audio bitrate of 192kbs....

This DVD Format is Called SIF or CIF format and not every DVD authoring program will support this DVD format especially Cheapo DVD authoring programs. Both DVD Lab and TMPGEnc DVD Author will support this DVD format accept with DVDLab you have to use Mpeg2....

You can just encode your files to VCD but use 48000HZ Audio and then author them to a DVD with no problems. That way you could fit 6+ hours of VCD quality Video on a DVD....

When you encode a low resolution VCD file to full resolution DVD Format you loose a lot of quality because you are resizing a small resolution to a large resolution which is were you loose all of the quality, but there is no need to re-encode VCD's to DVD because VCD's are already DVD compliant accept for the audio which needs to be 48000hz to be on a DVD......

a Note about settings in the GOP Structure settings:

Set the "Output Interval for Sequence Header" to "1" and this will Put 1 sequence header before every GOP...
    You actually get Better quality when using a smaller GOP but it can cause a slightly bigger file size...
    This is the GOP I use:

Number of I Pictures in GOP: 1
    Number of P Pictures in GOP: 4
    Number of B Picture ins GOP: 2
    Number of Frames in GOP: 15

Cheers,

Pete

4. Kadiya

Kadiya Member

uhh wow thanks for all that info scuba pete... this is the newbie section right??? Some of that really went over my head... sorry, sooo basically... just get them into mpeg 1 format and then compile on dvd-lab and burn? I'm sorry I'm so confused. o_0

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Actually, we have some fairly intelligent Newbies.

No worries, let's try this, :)

Take the files you have and you'll have to run it through TMPGEnc to render it into an DVD compliant MPEG2 file then run it through TMPGEnc DVD Author to get your full VOB files (the VOB's you get from TMPGEnc aren't the correct format). Once you've done DVD Author, just burn to disc. If you're using Nero, use Nero Classic and select DVD Video –

Once you're done with TMPGEnc DVD Author DVD Shrink will pick up it's VIDEO_TS folder in a heartbeat :)

An alternative is to use Nero's NeroVision and then burn to disc.

Cheers,

Pete

PS Iffin you wish to try it, dvd Santa renders files, sometimes alright, sometimes not all that good -

http://www.dvdsanta.com/features.htm

Last edited: Dec 15, 2004
  6. Kadiya

Kadiya Member

Wow thanks Pete! =) I'll try it out... umm I can use that way to put more than one movie on one dvd+/-r right? And is there a way to have a lil dvd select play menu on that too? Actually do you know of a good program that does all of that well? I was trying to do it with freeware previously, but if there's just one really good program out there that does all of this (convert video, transcode audio, build menu, compile dvd, etc...) then I figure I should just go ahead and buy it. Is there one that can do all of that... fairly easily... since unfortunately I'm not one of the brighter newbies. =(

Thanks!

Kadiya

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

8. Kadiya

Kadiya Member

aaaaah! that's what I used that got me in this mess in the first place, dvd-lab won't burn and even tho the avi's have mp3 formatted audio TEMPGenc won't convert the audio with the video... like this Guide I followed on here said it should, it was Dela's guide

9. Kadiya

Kadiya Member

I finally figured out how to get it burned onto dvd-/+r using dvd decrypter, nero and dvd-lab just wouldn't work for me. HOWEVER, now I find that none of the movies' audio is working, when I checked them all with g spot it said they were in mp3 format, and it was transcoded by dvd-lab when I added the movies on there, however, upon burning the sound is basically non-existent and there are no files put into the audio folders when I compile, can anyone help me out with this? Should I extract or something like I did with one of the movies that had an AC3 audio format? That one worked out just fine btw too... it's only the ones with mp3 formatted audio that are being all screwy.