1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help for a newbie

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by garyda, Dec 16, 2004.

1. garyda

garyda Member

I'm using a Pentium 3 800 mhz and my cpu uaage is 100% while running Dvd Shrink to compress a movie. It takes about 1 hour for the whole process if I perform a deep analysis, is this hard on my processor or not? Does it hurt if I pause occasionally while the program is running ? I have a fan and a heatsink on my processor.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

hello garyda,Sound like you are going pretty quick with that processor.While you are in any of the dvd process,eliminating every background prog like screen savers,antivirus,and internet will help. No multi-tasking.You may even want to minimize your view screen.Shrink will heat up your tower so keep those fans clean.Also,add an extra fan or blower if you have space.That processor is running 100% so anything that cuts on may mess up your backup.The processor should be fine. Some people even using 500 mhz and burning,but taking a long time.Hope this info helps. Later

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

garyda,

It sounds like you are doing just fine. encoding and burning are really processor intensive. expect your processor to run at 100%. Mine runs at 100% it just gets done faster.

As saugmon mentioned, you're doing extremely well with your 800Mhz far better than i would have ever guessed -

Happy Holidays,

Pete