1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP friday night lights!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jesster69, Jan 18, 2005.

1. jesster69

jesster69 Member

hey ive used dvd decrypter and anydvd with friday night lights then tried to use dvd shrink to shrink it to my desktop, ive never had a problem with burning before and had no problem with LBB, i deleted all software and downloaded new ones, ran virus scan and cleaned up spyware. my question is if their is anyway i can burn this damn movie ive look at almos tevery forum and am getting nothing from them. i might not be using anydvd right but im not sure can some body tell me a easy wasy that they have tried to burn friday night lights. Thanks

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Where exactly are you running into a problem?
    Ripping?
    Reauthoring?
    Burninng?
    You say a lot in your post, but then again you dont. If you get what I mean? I understand you are having problems but what kind of problems? Need a little more info to be able to help ya out.

I did that movie the ushuall way
    Ripped movie only with Decrypter
    Reauthored with Shrink
    Burned with Nero
    It came out just fine.

3. sakmd

sakmd Member

hi jesster69....

at which step are you having the problem?

i've been trying different combinations lately with backing up dvd's. just to familiarize myself with what's out there.

today, for friday night lights, i used anydvd and shrink, then burned with clonedvd 2. i just downloaded anydvd yesterday. at any rate, this combo worked well for me today. i'm not sure what exact problem you are having. you may already know this, but if you are using decrypter and shrink, make sure decrypter is in file mode. then open the files in shrink. as far as anydvd goes, is it enabled? if it is, the little fox icon in the system tray will be red. if not, then it will be gray. if it's not, then right click on the icon, and select 'enable anydvd'. once it is enabled, it should automatically read the contents of the dvd in your drive. it will list the info, and then you can click the continue button. then open up shrink, and click on open disc. naviage to your drive that the dvd is in, and select that. the analyzing process should then work in shrink. then this is what i did...when the analyzing was done, i clicked on backup. when the backup screen appears, under select backup target, i selected hard drive folder so that i could save the files in a folder i specified. i then used clonedvd 2 (from the same guys that make anydvd) and burned it with that. and it came out fine.

as i'm typing this, i see that bbmayo has replied as well...as he said, you would prob get more helpful suggestions if you are a little more specific with exactlt what problem it is you are having.

sakmd

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

if using DVD Shrink, you need to insert a still image/picture in the unreferenced material.

5. jesster69

jesster69 Member

hey thanks the clonedvd2 works great and does the hardest movies, what i like about it is that it does everything if you also have anydvd, it just takes a little longer like around 1 hr and half.

thanks alot guys

6. Grampaw

Grampaw Regular member

This title has a lot of bonus features, so the way I backed it up was to put it on two disks.

First disk - ran Shrink, reauthored, main title only. Then encoded with Shrink and burned with Decrypter. This gives me the only the movie and I can use my remote to move through chapters, subtitles, audio tracks, etc. Obviously there is also less compression necessary since the bonus features are excluded.

Second disk - ran Shrink, highlighted main title, used compression setting of Still picture, then encoded whole disk with Shrink and burned with Decrypter. This gives me menu, extras, everything but actual movie. And I had no problem with encoding the unreferenced material (a problem) since there was no additional compression.

I like to see the movie without all that crap at the beginning. I also like the special features, nicely menued, on a separate disk from the actual movie.

Since blank DVDs cost practically nothing now, this 2 disk approach makes sense to me for a lot of titles.

7. roc386

roc386 Member

Not sure if this is a dumb question, but can someone explain how to insert a still image/picture in the unreferenced material. I have also had trouble backing up Friday Night Lights and would like to try this method.

8. walnut187

walnut187 Member

We had this thread the other day. I can tell you the steps I used to backup Friday Night Lights. I made 2 successful copies,1 full disk and 1 re-authored.
    ********These steps are for Full Disc ********
    1. I used DVD DECRYPTER with ANYDVD running in the background.

2. I went to Unreferenced Material and replaced all the items under the unreferenced material with still images. Only 3 files under there.

3. Choose backup and it was done!

********These steps are for Re-Authored**********

1. I used DVD DECRYPTER with ANYDVD running in the background.

2. I chose re-author on DVD SHRINK and there you go another successful copy.

9. pfarmer

pfarmer Member

I to am trying friday night lights. I am using DVD decrypter. It went about 80% thru then everything froze and I had to reboot the computer. I don't understand any of the things your are suggesting; like still image. can anyone give me step by step easy directions? I also have dvd shrink. Do I need that other program any dvd? Thanks

miata

10. pfarmer

pfarmer Member

I to am trying friday night lights. I am using DVD decrypter. It went about 80% thru then everything froze and I had to reboot the computer. I don't understand any of the things your are suggesting; like still image. can anyone give me step by step easy directions? I also have dvd shrink. Do I need that other program any dvd? Thanks

miata

11. walnut187

walnut187 Member

I would advise that you have DVD SHRINK, DVD DECRYPTER and ANYDVD. ANYDVD is only a 21 day free trial. The other 2 are totally free. Ok I seen where STILL IMAGES has been a problem, I will explain b/c I didn't know how to put in a still image until last night. When using DVD SHRINK you will see 3 windows below the Green Line on the programs interface. The window below the words FULL DISC BACKUP will have say stuff like menus, main movie, extras, unreferenced material and stuff like that. Well choose the + beside UNREFERENCED MATERIALS. On the movie Friday Night Lights it will have 3 files listed under it. Highlight one of the files by left clicking on it one time. Then look over at the window that says COMPRESSION SETTINGS. You will see under the word VIDEO that there is a little drop down that says automatic. Choose the arrow beside it and then choose STILL IMAGE. Do the same to the other 2 files under UNREFERENCED MATERIAL. Thats how you put a still image into the movie. I hope this helps, if you need more help I will gladly make pictures of it b/c I know that it can be very confusing.

12. clscott17

clscott17 Member

I know this is a stupid question, but what is a still picture? What does it do? And does it alter the result of the final burn?

13. walnut187

walnut187 Member

I am not exactly sure what a Still Picture is, I only know of the Still Image, which I just learned off last night. When you get to Unreferenced Materials on Friday Night Lights, preview it on the preview screen you should see some little boy in a shirt and shorts, and it looks like he is flipping you the bird then running off. That is where the encryption that is keeping people from copying it is located, I bellieve. Well anyways, I replaced those 3 files under Unreferenced Materials with STILL IMAGES and Friday Night Lights turned out perfect.

14. roc386

roc386 Member

Try this, it worked for me when backing up Friday Night Lights.

First I used DVD Decrypter.

Had trouble using DVD Shrink 3.2 so I downloaded and used an older version of DVD shrink, V 3.17 and everything turned out great, perfect copy.

Good Luck