1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help from owners of ps2's and xbox's

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by bhetrick, Apr 13, 2005.

1. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

What I'm looking for is opinions from people who own both ps2's and xbox's and have modded both. I install mod chips in ps2's and I'm thinking of getting a xbox and modding it. But browsing through the xbox forum I've found some post that sound like backing up x games can be a real hassle. So is anyone interested in giving their 2 cents?

2. clouser

clouser Guest

i personaly have not modded my xbox cause it confuses me i would like to get it modded though but it needs a new dvd drive:(

3. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Modding the box is actually quite easy, it just takes a little time to read up on how to do it. I have the perfect site for you guys, and I even believe that you are a member of it clouser... Here it is, http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/

Click the Xbox link then the Getting started link and you will have info. needed on how to get started. This information is for the Xecutor 3 mod chip, which is only the best chip ever made for the Xbox

4. pj3101

pj3101 Member

I haven't really modded the playstation, but i use fliptop, i did mod and xbox and it was very easy. I love it so much, i have games, movies and music on my xbox harddrive, i looked up information after i saw somebody's modded xbox, after a few month's i now have an xbox that i know is waaaaaaay better than the other xbox. I learned how to solder and paint along the way also. you can do so much with the xbox.

5. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

I've read throught some of the xbox modding posts and by the sounds of it installing a mod chip in a xbox is easier than installing one in a ps2. But it seems like every game that you want to back up has to run through a few programs or something like that whereas with a modded ps2, a 1:1 iso is all you need.

6. pj3101

pj3101 Member

I'm not a fanboy or anything because i love my ps2, but speaking from my own experience i haven't had one game not work on my xbox(backing up to hard drive) I've only backed up 3 games onto dvd and they all worked the first time, but i'm sure if i had tried more games i wouldve run into a problem.

7. clouser

clouser Guest

hey pimpdawg your right i am a member i lost the link for this site.thanks for the link:)

8. clouser

clouser Guest

9. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

That link is sweet clouser! It would take some serious thought on how to make those systems into a handheld!

bhetrick, everything you need to know on modding your Xbox can be found on the site I listed above, http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/