1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help ftp

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by red0, Jan 20, 2007.

1. red0

red0 Member

i need help to ftp my xbox.

i am running a crossover cable from my xbox to comp.
    i have xbmc on my xbox and i can run evox from a boot disk.

my xbox's ip is 192.168.100.10 according to evox
    i have flashfxp on my comp but the connection always times out.

i have tried a few walkthroughs and a few forums but nothing seem to work. any help would be appreciated

2. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

In your custom Xbox dash (i.e. Evolution X, Avalaunch, Unleash X etc.), make sure your settings are configured for STATIC, and change your IP address to this, 192.168.0.3 Also, make the Xbox's primary DNS the same as your computers IP address shown below (192.168.0.4). Scroll down, and click SAVE before you exit that screen!
    After that go on ur PC , , go to "Start" "Control Panel" "Network and Internet Connections" "Network Connections" Then right click your "Local Area Connections" and click "Properties" Click on "Internet Protocol TCP/IP" and then click the "Properties" button. Now, make sure that the "Use the following IP address" is selected. Type in this IP address, 192.168.0.4 and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 Click "Ok" Note: your computer may need to be restarted if you are using an older version of Windows.

go on FlashFXP and try again ! it should work but if not, PM me or do another add.

3. red0

red0 Member

on evoX it wont let me save. when i scroll down to the bottom all it says is exit. there is no save and exit. if i choose exit and go back into it, it goes back to what it was originaly

4. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

try reinstalling it or something, or use AVALAUNCH. Thts a hitch wat u jus said, never seen tht on an xbox b4, probably missed a bit of the menu wen it was installing, nway , try re-install it and come back to me aiit !

5. red0

red0 Member

i downloaded avalaunch, made it an iso and can run it on my xbox but i dont know how to use it and it wont keep the changes i make

6. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

Ok on evox, at the bottom of the settings it will say " exit " butat the very !!!! bottom there is " save ans exit " and " exit ", try that.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

I am not sure running the dashboard from a disc is going to work. I am pretty sure you have to actually install the dashboard on your Xbox. Is your Xbox modded?
    If so then it should already have a dashboard other than the regular MS Dash installed.
    If it is not modded then you will need to either get a modchip installed or softmod the xbox before you can FTP

8. red0

red0 Member

yes, i have a modchip. it is running xbox media center.
    how do install it on the xbox?