1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help! GC won't work on new TV!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by nsga, Jan 22, 2007.

1. nsga

nsga Member

Please help. I had my N-64 and GC using the same hook up cables (trying to cut down on wires and keep cables into back AV inputs) I would switch the cable back and forth between GC and N-64 and life was beautiful on my old RCA tv, now I just bought a cheap sylvania and neither system will work on the new TV, just an unpleasant buzzing noise instead of audio. What is the problem? Is it something to do with analog vs. digital? What cables will allow me to play both systems? Any feedback is appreciated!

2. skew

skew Member

Are you in north america or europe?
    could this be a PAL/NTSC issue?

Also can you check the connections on the tv?
    Try plugging something else into the same connectors(like a dvd player or vcr)

3. nsga

nsga Member

I am in North America. I will try plugging something else in the AV ports and see. I am just wondering if I need the cables with the S-video on the end Nintendo sells.

4. skew

skew Member

ok let me know what happens.
    As long as the tv has RCA inputs(that is the name of the red,white,yellow AV wires that should have come with your 'cube) It should work no need for s-video.
    usually s-vid is just an alternative video input, but if the tv has the regular yelllow "video in" it should work.
    what model is the tv?

5. nsga

nsga Member

It is a Sylvania 20" flat screen (tube not hd or plasma or anything fancy)it was only 109$, the play station2 works on it, but not gc and nintendo64

6. skew

skew Member

so the ps2 works in the AV inputs, but the cube dosnt?
    thats weird cuz they're both basically the same kind of signal.
    I would think that it was your cubes av connection was damaged, but if your n64 isn't working either thats a bit to much of a coincidence.
    maybe your AV cable is damaged?

7. nsga

nsga Member

That's what I'm thinking!

8. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

ok did you connect the cables correctly

white goes to white red goes to red and yellow goes to yellow it sounds like to me you have the red and white audio going into the audio out ports on the tv not the audio in ports so try again and see if this makes a differrence it may also be good to know that certain flat panel tvs cannot handle certain video game consoles my 3do and my compact disk interactive player that i play zelda on both dont work on my lcd tv because they only send out a anolog signal and my tv only accepts digital signals which the ps2 and xbox and 360 send out where gamecube doesn't

9. nsga

nsga Member

Ah, that maybe it. I was thinking it may be the digital/analog thing. I have tried every combination of colors with the cables, none worked. I have been hooking games up for years w/out problems. Thanks for the helpful feedback!

10. nsga

nsga Member

Thanks everyone for your help. I bought new cables today and GC is working fine! YAY!

11. skew

skew Member

Glad to hear it bud.
    Cheers