1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help getting psp xmb original themes back

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by rjhav1025, Aug 7, 2007.

1. rjhav1025

rjhav1025 Member

if i flash my psp to 3.40 oe or any custom firmware will i get back my original themes?

o yea was flashing my friends psp with xmb theme manager and he has 3.40oe-a and i have 3.03oe-c. so when i put my memory stick and clicked on psp theme manager. then i picked a theme. but when i picked the default theme there r shadow like things around the icons and i cant click on the game folder or the umd from my psp.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2007
  2. ps2gen

ps2gen Regular member

Flashing back to any other firmware or recovering will restore your original xmb theme:>
    or you can GOOGLE and see if anyone has put up an original backup of thier 'flash0' up for download.

3. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Thats your problem right there...The themes are not interchangable between 3.03 and 3.40-they have different topmenu_plugin.rco files...

I wouldnt trust downloading someones flash0 files from the internet either, not only is it way illegal, but it could end up bricking your psp if they threw in some bunk file to do so...Your best bet is to use the 1.50 recovery winstaller(google it) to recover your psp to 1.50, and then re-flash to 3.40OE-A

And backup your flash0 folders once you get your psp on 3.40OE or whatever cfw you decide on...That way you'll have your originals and wont have this issue again...

4. nomanno

nomanno Member

HELP Please!!! I forgot to save the Flash 0 backup files onto my computor. then now i tried changing back to the original theme by using my friend's original psp theme flash 0. then i exit the recovery mode and the psp screen turns black and the psp power turns off after awhile. i can still go back to my recovery mode but i can't go to my PSP startup. HELP!!!!

5. rjhav1025

rjhav1025 Member

all u have to do is recover your psp which is quite easy. go online for video tutorials. i recommend going to myspace.com/psphacks101 and if you scroll down you will see a recovery video. that is how i learned. next backup your whole flash0.

p.s. recovery will change everything back to normal and it will put you back to version 1.5.

6. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Google: "1.50 recovery winstaller" you will need to reflash your firmware....And next time backup your flash0 before making any changes....

7. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

lots of people do this mistake...like me.click here
    for the right tutorial.all the files and everything u need will be in the tutorial...its a site btw.

8. kaozer

kaozer Member

how do you actually flash the theme?? and wat exactly is flashing?? sorry but im new to all these terms..

9. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Its basically a matter of copy/pasting the files from your computer to the psp's internal memory (flash) to make the theme work properly... Flashing is just writing the data to the psp's memory..

You might want to do some more research before you dive into customizing your psp themes...There are a few steps required to make room in your internal memory (flash) before you can just start dragging and dropping files to it...Otherwise you will get a "disk full" error...

10. kaozer

kaozer Member

wat do u do or wat can you do to free up some space so that u can put e themes in?? n r there themes for the 3.52 m33-4??

also, my fren is using a US version psp, he bot it abt 2 yrs back. i tried to access the recovery menu by pressing the R when turning on the psp... but i cant access the menu... so is there a diff way to access the menu??

11. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

so...your friends version is cfw, right?well if yes then do this:

1)Turn off PSP completely by holding the switch for 5 seconds.
    2)Hold the R trigger and switch the PSP on.
    3)Keep holding until recovery is shown up on screen.

if it's not cfw then u cant access recovery.

12. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

OK, first boot up your psp in recovery mode-and go to >Advanced>Toggle USB (flash0)-you will see six folders when the window pops up...select all(CTRL+A)six folders and copy them to a folder on your computer-(ex: Flash0 Backup)Its important that you back up your files before making any changes-That way if something goes wrong, you can access recovery and place your originals back in flash-and its alot easier than having to go through reflashing your firmware using either a recovery eboot, or pandoras battery...

Now, open up your FONT folder and locate this file:ltn9.pgf -copy/paste to your desktop and rename it to gb3s1518.bwfon-After you do that, take another copy of that ltn9.pgf from the FONT folder, and copy/paste it to the desktop again except this time rename it jpn0.pgf so now you should have two files on your desktop-Highlight the two newly renamed files from your desktop and drag them back over to the FONT folder-click OK to overwrite the files...Once you are done with that, you can go back to the root of your flash0 (where you see the six folders) And open the DIC folder-select all of the files in the DIC folder (ctrl-A) and go ahead and delete them all...These are dictionary files-however, they are for Japanese fonts--I dont know about you, but I dont speak or read Japanese, and I do not play Japanese games for that matter, so it is safe to do this- the only drawback is that if you do happen to play a Japanese game-the fonts wont show correctly....But on the plus side, by doing what you just did-you have successfully freed up about 4.5MB of space, which is more than enough for adding a custom theme..

As far as your friends psp not being able to get into recovery mode-It has to be running custom firmware in order to get into recovery..It sounds like its not if you cant access it-and there is not another way to get into recovery mode..

13. kaozer

kaozer Member

hmmm okok... thanks a million... anyway, are there any themes for 3.52 m33-4?? cos im using 3.52 m33-4 but there are only limited themes... anywhere i can find more??

14. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Yeah, its pretty limited-thats why I am sticking with 3.40OE so I can still mess around with theme customizing...You could try finding an icon converter of some type to make the themes that are geared for 3.30/3.40 work for you-I am not sure of whats out there for M33 firmware-You'll have to search around for something..

15. kaozer

kaozer Member

oh ya... 1 more thing... there are some iso / cso games which cannot be started... any idea y?? it juz says game could not be started...

16. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Could be a couple things-

Bad or incomplete iso-try downloading a different one
    You dont have your "no UMD" settings right via recovery mode

17. kaozer

kaozer Member

hmmm... dun think its incomplete... anyway to repair the iso if its bad?? i already set it to no umd...

18. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Theres not really a way to repair an iso-your best bet is to just download another and keep trying...