1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Getting Started

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by phil1991, Sep 6, 2002.

1. phil1991

phil1991 Regular member

I'm new and need help basically where to begin. I have an HP 772N (P4 2.26GHz, 80GB)with a burner. I'd like to use it to back up copies of my collection and my sisters. We live really 8 hrs away and would like to share what we have. I read about DVD decrypter, but don't understand what using a DVD player less than 4.3Gmeans. I have a Toshiba 3750 progressive scan (top of the line, last year:) Basically...what would step one be, if my computer has the capability???

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

phil1991,
    Your computer is just fine, you need nothing -
    4.38GB is the maximum size that can fit on a single DVD. - The simplest and easiest to understand ripping and compression program around is tried DVD Shrink ?? It's free, will rip your movies in generally 30 to 40 minutes.
    It allows you to compress your larger DVD's to the necessary 4.36GB keep in or remove menus and trailers and provides you with a nice neat VIDEO_TS folder for you to have Nero burn for you.
    Take a second and stop by here -
    http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/dvd_shrink.htm

A powerful program, easy to use -
    Enjoy,
    "P"

3. koola

koola Guest

DVD Shrink can also Re-author your DVD like if you only want the movie and not the all of the extra features etc.

Guides for DVD Shrink are at SimpleGuides (link below)

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

and to prove my point, yet another good guy chimes in with another excellent to try DVD shrink -
    Give it a whirl -
    "P"