1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! got a dodgy Xbox off eBay and it's in some asian language

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by motslaps, Jan 17, 2007.

1. motslaps

motslaps Member

Hi all,

I bought a Xbox off eBay, and when I booted it up, the interface was in Japanese/Korean/Chinese or some asian language :S Nowhere on the page did it say that it was asian... it only cost me 40 quid so I started thinking...

Before I contact the seller, is there anyway to change the language to English? Could someone provide me with steps to do this i.e. click A here, move down 2 links, click A here, etc

Secondly, will ALL UK games play on it? I tried Halo and it loaded ok.

Also, will I be able to go on Xbox Live and play games online if it's an asian Xbox and my games are UK versions.

Or do you guys think I should just return it?

any comments appreciated
    Steve

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

You do have a couple of options here. The easiest is to softmod it and install an English language version of the M$ dash, change the default game region to europe/pal and then remove all mods except the new dash.

Option 2 is to softmod it and run with a modded box, by reading a few good softmod guides like azzidrain's excellent tutorial here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/311710 or just softmod in a basic fashion and forget about live.

Option 3.. Fit a good chip..xecuter 2.6 or 3ce which can be fully disabled for live play.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2007
  3. motslaps

motslaps Member

Hi, thanks for your help, I got it sorted out...