1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP. HDD Backup

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by tsteege, Jan 13, 2005.

1. tsteege

tsteege Member

First of all thanks in advance for any help.

My Xbox died right after Christmas and of course it is out of warranty. I decided to try and fix it with a new Samsung dvd drive which started me on my "MODDING" journey. After getting it installed it still didn't fix the problem. So I called Microsoft and they had me do the System info,Y,up, down X, Y thing which of course didn't work and told me the HDD is doa. I went ahead and bought the Xecuter3 chip and a Western Digital 160GB HDD. I got the chip installed and it works fine after I figured how to flash it thru the web server on the chip. Now I find that I need to get a copy of the original HDD which won't work. Does anyone know how I can get a copy of C: E: and what ever else I need. I have looked on #xbins but no luck.

The good news is that I can at least play the new games we got for Christmas.

Again, thank in advance for any help.

2. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

well that is a diffucult thing. since you have a mod chip you wont need the key so all you need is the correct files. find out what version you have and see if you can find some1 with the same version. im not sure about the eep rom but i dont think you need it.

3. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

Somehow you got to play the new games without C: and E: Ask yourself again: why do you need them?