1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help HDD?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by darkrain, Mar 27, 2005.

1. darkrain

darkrain Member

Ok so i've got HDD w/ ff11. I join the military and get to my command, have my ps2 w/ hdd/network adapter hooked up n what not shipped to me. UPS messes the box up n my ps2 has a huge crack on the bottom of it. My disk tray wont open n the ps2 wont turn green from the red light ya know? So i buy a new ps2 big one and put my hdd and network adapter in that. When i go to HDD then Playonline it goes black like its booting then comes back to my HDD/Memory card screen and i try it over and over , doesnt work. I can play socom2 and other games but playonline wont start up. Anyone know what to do ? Thanks

2. williej

williej Regular member

I would recommend contacting UPS and demand a new HDD. Your PS2 took a huge lick and it sounds to me that the HDD got hit as well. It's not your fault ... and it should play in any older PS2. I have one and I know this to be a fact. (Both an older PS2 and a HDD) Or you could try to call SCEA and ask them to replace it or see what your warranty options are ... I hope this helps ...

3. darkrain

darkrain Member

good looks , i called ups they said they wanna see the box but i chucked that. Its weird my hdd works but playonline is fuqed. I'll probly just buy a new hdd i got a 110$ e/b card b/c i bought a hdd again n took down #'s n returned itb/c they locked my old #'s lol

4. williej

williej Regular member

Yeah, that's kinda sucks. From what I hear, that Final Fantasy/Playonline stuff is just for that HDD. Yeah, I would recommend keeping your Sony HDD to save memory card saves and maps and junk from online. Have you tried HD Advance/HD Loader? It's a cool proggie that allows you to download games to your HD. I think it still functions ... your Playonline may be corrupted. Do you still have the CDs/DVDs that came with your hd?