1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP HELPPP HELLPPP

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Rico007, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Rico007

Rico007 Guest

have a cable modem. With a USB port, power cable, ethernet (for ps2 online) . My usb port goes to the back of my pc and my ethernet is hook up to the network adapater for my PS2. My internet connects and everything, but I get a error (Network ERROR (-612) ).

It says DNAS not responding or something like that. And also, I install on by going to "Play Online", I didn't put the start up disc in.

the game I tried to play is madden05
    Anyone can help me??

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you cant do it like that. the cable modem can only connect to 1 thing. a router would be the easiest way to do it.

3. Rico007

Rico007 Guest

Whatcha mean you can't go it like that? My friend has a cable modem and he could connect to it. He doesn't have a USB port though. He has ethernet instead.

All he has to do is take it out from the back of his pc and hook it to his ps2.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

thats because your internet was set up using the usb port. You can try disconnecting you computer and just have the ps2 hooked up, but you will probably have to call the cable company and get another ip address for your ps2.

5. Rico007

Rico007 Guest

What if I unplug the USB port?

I don't really need/want the internet on my computer while I'm playing online anyways. So I could careless about that.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2004
  6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you can try it, but i was doing the exact same thing. to get it to work, i had to buy another ip address, so i just got a router.

7. Rico007

Rico007 Guest

so.. um.. WEll, I know how to change IPs and stuff, so um.. what should I try if I know how to change my Ip? Unplug USB port and try?

8. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

no, your isp has to give you another ip address for your ps2. Have you tried unplugging the usb cable?