1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! Heres a question for the PRO's here!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Rotary, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

Hello

Can anyone help me out? here is my plight!

I have what i think is either a VCD or a SVCD? (not sure which? anyone tell me how to find out?) and i want a program that will convert this to vobs etc... So as i can burn it as a dvd format! so it will play on my dvd player standalone!

Where is that afterdawn addict when you need him ORIPHUS! come out come out - I am stuck as i know nothing for vcd or svcd.

Thank you - all the best to you!

ROTARY... ;-])

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

Hi there,

I have had a look at that link i am more confused than ever LOL...

Me to i know nothing of vcd or svcd its just i got the disc and want it to play on a dvd player!

I thought it would be just a case of one program chuck the vcd file in and WAMMY! i get vobs out the other end.

But by the sound of it its a case or multiple software and conversion and then you run into sound and video sync problems too?

I'll keep watching and see if any one can talk me through this on this thread?

Thank you oriphus! OH! by the way dude! very nice dvd shrink new beta guide! espacially the moving graphics! dont know how you did it but its very kool! i have been showing people the link! they love it!

KKKKKKEEP UP THE GREAT WORK !!!!!

Rotary!

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Cheers mate, the guide is just a temporary one until the version 3.1 comes out. I didnt quite do the graphics right and the mouse movements, and for the next one there will be no desktop background.

Also, doesnt your DVD palyer play VCD/SVCD? mine does and most new ones do.

5. sirmugen

sirmugen Regular member

I use TMPGEnc. (wizard) to convert S/VCD to NTSC DVD format. It won't be VOB, IFO, BUP yet, it will be Mv2(video) and Mpeg(audio). You have to use a DVD Authoring program, I use DVD LAB to import the Mv2 and the Mpeg, and make my menus and chapters. then I hit the process button and the output will be the IFO, VOB , and BUP. The I use Nero to burn all those file and bammm... you get a DVD format of your S/VCD.

sirmugen

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

So do i just drop all files into this TMPGENC (which version of this do i use?) then run on the wizard?

Do i need to load any templates aswell?

Thx.........

7. baabaa

baabaa Active member

VCD and SVCD are terms which are used very loosely by everyone and NOT according to the correct standard.....

I used to produce some VCD/SVCD from dvd's/video tapes, directly capturing them using a capture card BEFORE the genius software available today.

I could make SVCD quality onto a cd with low audio sample rates, but the problem I encountered was reconverting them to vobs - took me a while but managed it after LONG time...

My problem was that, dvd authoring software WOULD NOT accept the MPEG1 or MPEG2 as being a compliant format for their respective extensions due to the manipulation around the MPEG I did in order to increase quality....

Basically I had to RE-ENCODE the VCD or SVCD with a suitable encoder - TMPGENC to give me the correct MPEG format.

Then I imported it into Sonic Mydvd and produced my own dvd with 2 or 3 films on - but this took forever and double handling - then the genius software came out and I didn't need to produce the VCD or SVCD then....

All I used in TMPGENC was the tools - demultiplex/multiplex etc....
    Cannot remember exactly but TMPGENC demuxed the stream to audio and video and then I remuxed it to either VCD or SVCD standard within TMPGENC, this then gave me a suitable MPEG1 or MPEG2 stream which was excepted by a suitable dvd authoring program......

This may not have helped you but - DELA is the VCD/SVCD wizard, maybe he could give you the easiest way.

I think I also followed a guide at http://wwww.dvdrhelp.com.....

Hope you can pick out something useful - apologies but VCD are TOO far back for me to retrieve....

Also TMPGENC dvd author should be able to handle the dvd authoring part...._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Beware of the Pixies - they move in over night and turn your life upside down

[/small]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2003
  8. sirmugen

sirmugen Regular member

You need to install TMPGEnc along with the besweet and another one. Look for a guide on installing TMPGEnc. Once that is done... you can just run the wizard and it will guide you along (you should have a TMPGEnc guide handy). Just need to make some new folder like to put the process file in...

sirmugen

9. memcco

memcco Regular member

rotary...if your vcd or svcd is on a cd, then you'll need iso buster. use it to rip the mpeg from the cd. if you already have the mpeg, then open it in virtual dub, click on file (top left), slide down to file information and click...everything you want to know is there. mike

10. kingcpu

kingcpu Guest

Much easier: use vcdgear to extract the vcd or svcd image file to mpeg form. Then, use NeoDVD to burn to a dvd. Easy as pie.

11. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

PLEASE follow this link! as it shows the progress of this thread! but i chose to write it down for another guy who is in the same boat as me on this!

Hope you can throw some light to us both here as we are very much in the dark.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/49894

Thank you for all replys keep um coming guys...