1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP ! how do i get it working ?!!!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by glynn2k1, Mar 13, 2007.

1. glynn2k1

glynn2k1 Guest

Basically i have a dreambox, and just signed up to virgin media broadband and phone line.

how do i connect the dreambox to the virgin modem to split the line ?

2. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

You need an ordinary splitter offered to hundreds via ebay.

3. glynn2k1

glynn2k1 Guest

i can see a large box downstairs which saying 'telewest broadband' on it, with a big white cable coming out of it...and i sposed to put the splitter into that ?

4. dc69

dc69 Regular member

cut the big white wire and the splitter will have 1 hole on the top and 2 wires coming from the bottom.connect the big white wire to the point in the top and then 1 of the bottom wires will go to ur computer and plug the other into your dbox.

5. glynn2k1

glynn2k1 Guest

6. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

Its a bit more than that m8. Best thing for you to do would be get some1 with a little experience to split it for you. If you do it your self all you will get are signal problems. Unless you find a diagram or something as to how it should look.

Tam

7. glynn2k1

glynn2k1 Guest

dont i just connect the splitter to the telewest broadband box on the wall, then get two seperate cables , a different one in each of the holes on the splitter, with one in the back of the dreambox and the other connected to the modem ?

8. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

If modem and box are in the same room connect the incoming cable to the splitter input and both devices to the splitter outputs.

9. glynn2k1

glynn2k1 Guest

the splitter outputs...is that the side where there is two outputs ?

also with that telewest box on the wall downstairs there is a cable hanging out of it, is that the cable which is plug into the input of the splitter ?