1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! how do you connect to xbox live though your computer?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by shortyguy, Aug 31, 2007.

1. shortyguy

shortyguy Member

I have a 2WIRE connection but i don't want to buy that $100 Wireless adapter plz help!

2. gallagher

gallagher Regular member

Well, if you do not have a wireless connection (nice $100), then you need to hook up an ethernet connection from your 360 to a router. That will then connect you to the internet.

3. BryanNH_3

BryanNH_3 Regular member

Just like Gallagher said ... a Router ... but your 2Wire should already have 3 other ports open for this, so get a loooong cable and plug it in. You can also buy a bridge (usually more than $100), connect it to your wireless and plug in the cable from the bridge to the xBox ... This way you're not buying the $100 M$ adaptor, you're buying a $100 Access Point/Bridge ... Cable is the best, especially if you're going to share content over the network. If it is DSL that you have, I'd assume so from the 2 Wire you have, then you can always move the modem closer to the xBox if there is a phone jack in the same room, or near, the xBox - the phone jack has to have the same phone number that the current phone jack has where the Modem is plugged in ... it may not work because of frequency issues if its a bad connection, but as long as its the same phone number, the DSL WILL connect on the same modem in a different room. Good luck, but if a cable isn't an option, you have very limited choices for a reliable, easy to setup internet connection for the xBox.

4. shortyguy

shortyguy Member

My router is in a way different room!

5. BryanNH_3

BryanNH_3 Regular member

Like I said, if its DSL, you can move the modem, or you can buy an access point/bridge and plug that into the network port on the xBox ... also use your friend eBay to get the adaptor cheap ... or to get a cheap access point/bridge