1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!! HOW TO BURN PS2 DVD ISO

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by LongNgo, Apr 15, 2005.

1. LongNgo

LongNgo Member

hi all,

downloaded a couples of PS2 games in ISO format but was not able to burn them onto DVD. I've tried NERO burn image, as well as Ultra ISO. Nothing seems to work. any feedback is much appreciated.

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Ps2 games are actually pressed DVD/CD discs, they are not burned. Original games use the Burst Cutting Area (BCA) of the disc to identify themselves to the PS2 unit. The BCA is not part of a disc that you can burn on, it is only replicated on pressed discs.

So, the only way to play backups is to get boot-discs or a mod-chip.

DVD Decrypter is the program

Use Quality Media I use
    Verbatim dvd+r

***** BURN AT NO MORE THAN 2X****** <-----------(IMPORTANT)
    TURN OFF ANY BACKGROUND APPLICATIONS

1. Take the ps2 game put it in the dvd rom or dvd burner, your choice.

2. open the dvd decryptor program then go to to tool bar and hit MODE>ISO>READ. Then choose the correct dvd drive that the game is in as the "source". Also choose where you want the files to be stored on the pc hdd. THEN CLICK DECRYPT , or the huge graphical picture at the bottom of the program which makes it run. The game is now copying to your HDD. Take the game out when finished (it might take a while).

3. Go to the same tab in dvd decryptor and choose MODE>ISO>WRITE. This will then let you look for the files you just created in step 2. Select the file that you just created. (There is only 2 files creadted so pick the .mds) (The smaller file)Then click WRITE, make sure there is blank DVD in the drive.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2005
  3. 1975dan

1975dan Guest

HELLO I VE JUST GOT IN BURNING GAME I USE DVD DECRYPTER, DO I NEED A MOD CHIP TO PLAY BURNT GAME S AND I HEARD I HAD 2 FLT FILE IN DVD DECRYPTER .SORRY IF THIS SOUND LLIKE A DUMB QUESTION BUT ONLY NEW AT THIS .

4. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Yes you need a modchip or a swap disc...He just said that above-