1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP I am a new mac user and struggling!!!!!

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by bbsnanny, Jul 1, 2006.

1. bbsnanny

bbsnanny Member

I just purchased my mac yesterday..and i am ready to throw it out the window. i have all of stuff i think i need to burn a dvd but i still can't get it to work. i have mactheripper to get past the protection, i have popcorn 2 for the compression and i have toast 7 titanium for the burn but alas the thing still won't work....when i tried to upload the first time it said i had bad sectors....what??...then i tried a different disc..got all the way to burning and now it won't play in any of my dvd players....my roommate is a pc useer and is trying his darndest to help me but can't quite figure it out either. so if someone can please help me i would appreciate it. thanks.

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

You will probably get a better response in the Mac forum....requesting moved to appropriate forum.

3. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Ibbsnanny, I think this is probably the wrong forum for the question. There is a Mac video forum here:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/56

The error sounds like one generated as a result of copy protection on the disk. See this:

http://macosx.com/content/faq.php/q5825/Mac-the-Ripper-Bad-Sectors.html

As for a burned disk not playing in your players, this happens on the PC side as well as the most common causes are:

1. using poor quality blank media
    2. burning at too fast a speed (limit to 1/2 or less the rated speed of the media. I like 4X most of the time).
    3. out of date burner firmware.

4. Rob1026

Rob1026 Regular member

lmao those things your are using sound so funny what are you doing eating cereal lmao had to say it sorry ciao

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Teleported :)

6. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member