1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!! I am wasting too many DVD-R's !! :)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tekkkaroo, Jan 11, 2005.

1. tekkkaroo

tekkkaroo Member

Hi all, I'm a newbie with probably an oldbie problem. I have used dvdxcopy for over a year with no problem. I tried to copy some of my kids dvd's, the burn went fine. Now when I loaded them into the dvd player to check them out, all I had was "invalid entry" and then it showed it was an MP3 file and a JPEG file. The stand alone dvd player for my tv does not recognize the dvds. The only thing I can think of that has changed is that I downloaded XP service pack 2 and loaded it. So I unloaded it, and the dvd's still burn fine, but they will not run on the standalone. I ran them on the computer dvd software and it played ok.
    So, what in the world is happening? I would appreciate any help I can get on this. I have wasted a 10 pack of blanks and they ain't cheap!
    Thanks to all
    Tekkk

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Sounds like a compatibility issue between media and standalone player. Buy some RW discs, that way you're not making coasters. There are sites that match up players with correct format media. Search around and see what you come up with.

3. hursty

hursty Active member

try using nero vision express.
    with regards hursty

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

dvd players compatibility chart:http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

5. tekkkaroo

tekkkaroo Member

Thanks all! I am trying the compatability thing now. But what bothers me is that I have had no problems in the past. I tried dvdshrink for the first time and it saved it as a nero showtime file, how did it do this? I am sure the dvd player by my tv won't recognize this! How can I change that?
    thanks again
    tekkk