1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help i can't play divx files

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by savv, Jul 3, 2003.

1. savv

savv Member

I have a couple of trailers i have dowloaded, described as divx5, the have a .avi extension, all attempts to play them have failed, have tried divfix but no good, have downloaded all latest codecs etc but close to pulling my hair out now!!!

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Open them with GSpot to find out exactly which codecs you need... uninstall the others many codecs conflict with each other. Try DivX player... does it play there? If so i would reccommend FDDSHOW filters?

3. savv

savv Member

many thanks, i had tried the AVI codec and that didn't identifiy the fie. Gspot identified one file as a .rar - new to me. downloaded winrar and its extracted two discs with a load of winrar archive files, all i have to do now is work out what to do with them - long night ahead i feel!!!

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

.rar,.ro1,.ro2,.ro3??? easy open the rar files and drag out the files inside.

If they are bin/cue files then burn them with new, avi file(s), just check with gspot for what codec ytou need to render the file :)