1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help !!! i cant play megaman maverick hunter x and my firmware is custom firmware 3.40 OE-A

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by moku90, Jul 17, 2007.

1. moku90

moku90 Guest

i have downloaded so many megaman x games its beyond laughter, they all either come with a bunch of files labeled from 1- 24, and when i do get just one file,they dont even show up as thumbnails on my memorystick when im using my psp. Also my megaman powered up game won't let me save ata ll and it has auto save so when i want to save it just freezes so i have to exit game. Does anyone else have this kind of problem? or can megaman maverick hunter x and megaman powered up only work on certain firmwares? please help me, and if u can pleae send me your torrent of the files. THANK YOU

2. staxx

staxx Regular member

just drag and drop one of those files to your desktop and it should appear as an iso or cso

3. moku90

moku90 Guest

so when i download the file it will turn into an ISO when i put it in my desktop?
    Ill try that thank you

4. moku90

moku90 Guest

ok new problem, when i play it on my psp i see the thumbnail, which means its an ISO now, but it just freezes at a blank screen, but i press home and it lets me leave screen though. Do you know whats wrong?

5. xaznpwnx

xaznpwnx Member

turn off ur psp and goto recovery mode (hold r when turning psp on) and goto configuration (i think or try to find it) and find the option that says no-umd or sumtin like that and enable it. now exit recovery mode and put a umd game in the umd slot and now try playing the game. if this doesnt work then use the program called umdgen. when u downloaded the game it should come in a .war file so extract it to your desktop. after that you should either get the .iso game or 2 items: 1. a file named PSP_GAME 2.another icon that says UMD_DATA. If u have both of those files then open umdgen and drag the two icons into the right hand side of the window when umdgen starts up. then goto file and goto save as. there u can choose if u want to save the file as a .cso or .iso file (.cso takes less space then .iso files) then umdgen should convert the two files into 1 .cso or .iso file. (make sure when u goto save as, save it in a different place then your desktop like make a new folder and put it in there.) if u have any other problems pm me. =)

6. moku90

moku90 Guest

hey thanks it works...Ihate to keep annoying you guys but is it normal to not be able to save on your iso? because i cant save on any of my megaman or gundam games and i just got tales of the world because i heard it was a good game(i heard right) it just downloaded a few mins ago and i cant save on that either. PLEASE ANY ADVICE ON WHY THE ISOS CANT SAVE?
    also my firmware is custom 3.40 OE-A incase that has something to do with my iso not being able to save

7. xaznpwnx

xaznpwnx Member

i have no problem saving on megaman or anyother games that i have. might be your memory card reader. something mihgt be wrong with it.

8. moku90

moku90 Guest

hey your right something is wrong with my memory reader or what ever u call it because i have 2 memory sticks and the one i put iso on cant read my actual umd saves but my old one can and that one is a 250 or sumthing like that, but yeah if you could explain to me more on what the memory reader is and how i could have messed it up then i would be all good thanks BYE

9. staxx

staxx Regular member

that sounds to me like its a problem with your memory stick... the one that doesnt let you save might be fake. Insert the one your having troubles with and scroll to the memory stick icon press triangle and select information if it says supported its real if it says unsupported or unknown then its fake. I dunno, the best i can think of to fix this issue would be reformatting your memory stick.

10. moku90

moku90 Guest

hey so your saying i should reformat it as in delete all files? or should i just go return it to my gamestop because that's what i was about to do
    also i checked my memory stick and it says supported by MagicGate, so i guess its real, but ill just reformat it since theres not much harm in that and if that doesnt work ill just go return it

11. staxx

staxx Regular member

yup, reformat it to clear everything off. If that doesnt work, then yeah just exchange it at gamestop.

12. xaznpwnx

xaznpwnx Member

the memory card read i was talking about was the one in your psp lol. there might be something wrong with it.i have one question is ur memory stick that u use to load iso 4gb or higher?

13. staxx

staxx Regular member

nah theres nothing wrong with it, he said his 250mb mem stick reads fine.

14. moku90

moku90 Guest

HEY I CAN SAVE NOW RIGHT AFTER I FORMATTED IT BUT WHEN I TRIED TO FORMAT IT IT SAID FORMAT FAILED BUT AFTER THAT THE GAMES DIDNT FREEEZE WHEN I TRIED TO SAVE OR LOAD. THANKS A LOT