1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! I can't sync my songs into my 1GB iPod nano

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by emma321, Jan 29, 2008.

1. emma321

emma321 Member

this hasn't happened before and all of a sudden i can't sync my songs OMG!! Well, when i press sync it says theres an error and it says audio takes up 120 MB and other takes up a whopping 700MB! i don't know where the "other" stuff is coming from but its taking up my iPod space and i can't sync any songs in it! should i delete all my lyrics and artwork or just restore it?

2. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

Try do a restore first, if it doesnt work then you can create some play list with the songs you want to hear the most and just sync the playlist you want.

3. dez_prado

dez_prado Member

Hello emma321,

I had a similar problem with my 8GB iPod Nano (3rd gen). After a lengthy discussion with an Apple rep, we discovered that the issues were being caused by a corrupt install of iTunes.

To resolve things, I made a backup copy of the iTunes folder

C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\My Documents\My Music

to my desktop. Then I clicked Start --> Control Panel --> Add/Remove and removed ALL items with an Apple and iTunes reference. I then installed the latest version of iTunes. After restarting the computer, I imported all the contents of the iTunes folder on my desktop into iTunes. When I re-connected the iPod, I clicked on the iPod icon in the left pane then went to all the tabs and enabled all the sync options. I clicked apply and all my content was transfered to the iPod correctly.

If you attempt to repair any issues you are experiencing using this method, you MAY need to authorize your computer again in

iTunes --> Store --> Authorize Computer

to enable protected content playback.

Hope this helps.

dez_prado

4. Phantom07

Phantom07 Member

try reseting your ipod or check if you have photos maybe on it or lots of games not sure many things can take up space