1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! I don't know what the problem is.

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by MD_50_50, Jan 11, 2005.

1. MD_50_50

MD_50_50 Member

First off I would like to apologize if I am asking this question in the wrong forum. Ok I have no trouble backing up movies to an ISO image with DVDShrink. In fact I backed up about 6 of my movies without ever deleting the ISO files. Eventually I ran out of HD space and went to go delete the iso files... no problem right? I got the typical alert message saying that files larger than 2G could not be placed in the recycling bin yada yada yada would you like to pernamently delete. I clicked yes and the file(s) seemed to delete fine. So I go to check out how much HD space that cleared up but I find I still only have the 2.8 gigs i had before I thought I deleted all my ISO files. Has anyone come across this before?? If so does anyone have any suggestions, short of reformatting my whole drive, to regain my lost disk space.

I even gone into the console to see if dir would list the files but they seem to be gone... I just don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated and once again if this is the wrong place for this question I apologize.

Thanks in advance

2. colw

colw Active member

Is you are using Norton System Works you may need to go to the 'empty protected files' option to completely remove from your system.

3. MD_50_50

MD_50_50 Member

yeah i already did that but still no go

4. bk_ny_718

bk_ny_718 Member

MD I had the same problem when I started..Did You make sure that you clicked on "Empty Norton Protected Files"? That should clear it up bro. make sure that you didn't click on "Empty Recycle Bin" by mistake because it wont help...