1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help I drop my ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Shindou, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Shindou

Shindou Member

My 5 year daughter pulled the controller too hard and cause the ps2 to fall from the tv it was almost a 4 foot straight drop down. I open up the ps2 and got made sure there wasnt any internal damage. All seems fine nothing loose, now when I try to play a disc it wont read it. What would the most likely cause be when your ps2 suffers a severe shock? Is there anything I can do to fix it rather then send it in? Obvious something got knock of track Im just wondering what.

2. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

I don't really know to much about those types of things but maybe when it dropped the laser or cd drive go knocked out of line.

3. DMX

DMX Member

Hanedrick is right, that drop most likely knocked the laser eye out of alignment. I suggest you send it to Sony(if you don't have a mod chip :D)

4. Shindou

Shindou Member

Anybody live in the Northern Virginia/DC area that can align ps2 lasers?

5. ICEPIMP

ICEPIMP Regular member

You know there are guides on how to caliberate the laser on your own.. I one time found a guide with pictures and everything.. but i cant remember where i found it?? try making a post on how to caliberate and someon might have a guide for it?

6. Shindou

Shindou Member

Way ahead of you Icepimp I saw one early now all of a sudden I cant seem to find any (Ive also tried the search engines no luck there either). If you or anyone else could give me a link I would greatly appreciate it. Otherwise it back to my last question, anybody live in the Northern Virginia/DC area that can align ps2 lasers?

7. ICEPIMP

ICEPIMP Regular member

This was the best i could do.. Theres no pictures so i dont know if it would be to alot of help...All the other ones required an Oscilliscope (some friggin machine you hook up, wich im almost sure you dont have) If this link is to no good i could look some more if you want...

Peace

http://www.megagames.com/ps2/ps2_laser_calibration.shtml