1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! I need major help with the map editor!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by cakeeXxo, Apr 10, 2007.

1. cakeeXxo

cakeeXxo Guest

Hey... okay. When i go to backup my game cart, everythings going smoothly, the usb server mode is up on my lite, and im excited! well, after i type in all my info about what to save it under and what to call it under "backup my game cart", IT SAYS THE CONSOLE IS NOT CONNECTED! It gets me sooo ticked off i dont know what to doooo!!
    PLEASE someone help!

2. handsom

handsom Regular member

First off, whoa there, calm=good. lol.

Secondly, we're going to need a LOT more information to pretend we can do anything for you.

What kind of backup cart is it, what operating system are you using, is the port you're plugging into a powered port? Is it USB 1.1 or 2.0? What kind of software are you using for it?

If you give us this information, there are much higher odds that we can help you.

3. cakeeXxo

cakeeXxo Guest

okayy. im calm!
    yes, the usb port is powered.
    im using a ds lite.
    the ds game is animal crossing: wild world.
    im backing up my cart so i can use acmapedit07.
    everything is hooked up nicely, but when i click the "next" button,
    the message comes up and says "the console is not connected".
    please help now?!

4. handsom

handsom Regular member

Is the port USB 1.1 OR 2.0? Please don't assume that a new computer means USB 2.0... It doesn't. Also, if you're running through a USB multiplier/splitter device, it's definitely operating at 1.1; this can make all the difference on functionality.

5. cakeeXxo

cakeeXxo Guest

uhmm.. how do I find out what the usb port is? like 1.1 or whatever, i have no clue!

6. handsom

handsom Regular member

lol; no worries. If you're WinXP, you can right click on "My Computer" select "Properties" and then click the "Hardware" tab, from there, click to see your individual devices, look for your USB devices and selct their properties, that should tell you. Some computers(Like mine) have both kinds of ports in them for various reasons, depending on how many ports you have, it may be the same case. But this should help you to identify the type of USB you're using.

I hope that helps, also I just want to confirm, you are using Windows XP, right?

7. cakeeXxo

cakeeXxo Guest

yes, i am using window xp.
    BUT, when I click my computer,
    it doesn't say "properties".
    all it says shows is the documents.

8. handsom

handsom Regular member

Okay, we were on the same page for a bit....

I'm not sure where you're clicking, or if you right clicked, so I'll clarify; there SHOULD be an icon called 'My Computer' on your desktop, you need to right click on that, at the bottom of the list is 'Properties', you need to left click, then continue with the instructions.

Hopefully that will help! :D

9. cakeeXxo

cakeeXxo Guest

OHH!
    hahaaa.
    ok, i clicked on it, and found everything.
    but, i can't find a number like 2.0 or 1.1 or watev.
    the only reasonable number i can find is:
    driver version: 5.1.2600.2180